• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I am serious: Fire Chin now!

If Frost doesn't produce a winning product next season, he'll be gone.

Pretty much this, I'm thinking. If the coach you hired because he was next-level-offensive-genius can't have a really good offense (or at least lookgin like it's THIS close) by the end of year four . . . it's over.

True -- though we don't even seem interested in trying to run the ball with our backs. I don't think Frost is interested in pounding the rock. He'd rather have a collection of scat backs that are fast and versatile. And I don't believe that's going to work in the Big Ten. In the past two games, the true running backs (not counting the hybrid back, Robinson) have gotten less than 10 combined carries.

I agree with you on the game plan, or lack of one. Per 24/7 sports, McCaffrey had 20 carries in the first half. That's far, far too many IMO. When his passing started to get even worse (high/low throws), the thought entered my head that we'd find out tomorrow or Monday that McCaffrey had injured his shoulder on a particularly hard hit he took on a run play. If I recall correctly, we later found out that Martinez's passing got worse last year because of an injured shoulder that eventually required surgery before this season.

If Frost keeps running his QBs like this, we're going to have a round robin of guys who visit the orthopedic surgeon for shoulder surgery.

Last edited:

I can’t even begin to start where the hell this mess should be addressed 1st.
I’m not a coach, and I don’t know more than what they do, but there are so many deficiencies it's crazy.....
All that crap Frost talked about hoping the B1G would have to adjust to us, and that he wouldn't have come a few years back anyway because crap wasn’t right administratively etc... and then he comes in and doesn't look like he knows what the f$&# he's doing.
I know he wants it real bad.
I know his heart is in the right place.
I know it’s his home state etc...but he has been absolutely terrible. He appears extremely lost and in way over his head. I truly thought when he was hired that we were going to begin to see a steady change. I thought he was the person and I felt sooooooo good when that press conference occurred.
And now I absolutely don’t feel that way.
And for all the effort that a multitude of groups of people engaged in to “get” the season to happen in the first place, it’s even more embarrassing.

I can honestly say right now I don’t even care if I see another game this year, because I have absolutely no confidence in this staff right now. And who in the absolute hell wants to watch the same BS time after time. It’s not healthy for me I know that.
But regardless, GBR always

Last edited:

I agree with you on the game plan, or lack of one. Per 24/7 sports, McCaffrey had 20 carries in the first half. That's far, far too many IMO. When his passing started to get even worse (high/low throws), the thought entered my head that we'd find out tomorrow or Monday that McCaffrey had injured his shoulder on a particularly hard hit he took on a run play. If I recall correctly, we later found out that Martinez's passing got worse last year because of an injured shoulder that eventually required surgery before this season.

If Frost keeps running his QBs like this, we're going to have a round robin of guys who visit the orthopedic surgeon for shoulder surgery.

I'm concerned that Smothers won't be the answer either. He'd simply get thrown to the wolves due to poor play calling and a lack of an effective game plan. I also am skeptical that we have anyone on our staff capable of developing a quarterback's abilities.

You're right, though. Relying on quarterbacks running 15-20+ times per game is going to take a toll on them physically.

If I'm a high school player currently being recruited to play offense, I'd have quite a bit of skepticism that Nebraska would ever be able to develop and maximize my abilities.

By the way, I had quite a bit of hope our offensive line this season would be as good as we've seen in several years -- and maybe the best single unit on the field, either side of the ball. I was obviously misguided in my thinking.

anyone defending chin...i just don't get it. The defense is piss poor

Not the point.

What was Frost hired to do? Bring a high-powered offense to Lincoln.

How were we going to win games? With a top notch defense? No. With a high-powered offense? Yes.

Which side of the ball has underachieved far more from expectations? The offense.

It's up to our offense to be effective enough so that the opposition is trying to keep up in the scoring -- giving our defense an advantage. Not the other way around. Not the defense holding the offense to 14-17 points each game so that our weak-assed offense can squeak by scoring 21.

We'd have a grand total of zero wins this season if it wasn't for our defense. It's not good at all (which isn't my ponit) -- but it's done more to hold up its end of the bargain than the craptastic display of our pathetically bad offense in the era of high-powered offense. There aren't many teams with top notch defenses any more -- but a whole lot of them can score points in bunches -- we can't.

Frost was never going to bring the Wisconsin brand to Nebraska. We thought he'd bring a game that would commonly result in 49-28 types of wins.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back