• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I am serious: Fire Chin now!

We can pay him more!!!

In theory, yes. In reality, I seriously doubt that's possible. Chin is the highest paid assistant coach at $800,000. Given the financial problems that are likely happening within the Athletic Department because of COVID-19, it's unlikely they've got the money to pay Muschamp more than $2 million to be an assistant coach. Unless, of course, Frost takes a pay cut from his $5 million a year.

This isn't what we expected from a Frost team for sure. Soft defense isn't a huge surprise, but inept offense is.

The hope was the offense would be so highly productive, it would take a lot of pressure off the defense. As defense is always going to look better when the opposing offense is scrambling to keep up. Instead, our offense is so poor, we are putting pressure on the defense to hold us together. That was never the plan.

This is the era of high-powered offenses if you're going to win games. And we don't have one. Not even close. Even a top notch defense coordinator is going to struggle at Nebraska when the offense is so horribly inept in today's world of college football.

Or we could try to be more like Wisconsin -- a team which we are currently the polar opposite of, and this staff wouldn't be capable of producing that type of product anyhow.

Last edited:
The single most essential fix if we're ever going to win games in the Big Ten is to develop a productive run game. I have never seen less competence in our non-quarterback rushing ability than I have this season. You take away our quarterbacks' ability to run, and this offense literally has nothing else. So that's really all opposing defenses have to worry about.

Nebraska under Frost looked its best when Ozigbo was running the ball effectively. And if you recall correctly, Frost was stubborn about giving Ozigbo carries -- he was no more than the 2nd or 3rd option the first few/several games in 2018. Greg Bell was the back Frost wanted to carry the load.

Last edited:

The single most essential fix if we're ever going to win games in the Big Ten is to develop a productive run game. I have never seen less competence in our non-quarterback rushing ability than I have this season. You take away our quarterbacks' ability to run, and this offense literally has nothing else. So that's really all opposing defenses have to worry about.

Nebraska under Frost looked its best when Ozigbo was running the ball effectively. And if you recall correctly, Frost was stubborn about giving Ozigbo carries -- he was no more than the 2nd or 3rd option the first few/several games in 2018. Greg Bell was the back Frost wanted to carry the load.

You're right, but to me the problem on offense now is worse than when Ziggy was a Husker. He basically forced Frost's hand. Right now, I don't think there's a Nebraska back on the roster who's forcing Frost's hand. They clearly believe that Robinson can't be a full time back in the Big 10 without getting injured, so he's not going to even be given the opportunity to be a 20+ carry guy. Mills hasn't done much of anything since he arrived, Thompkins arrived injured and hasn't done much, and Marvin Scott hasn't done much either.

I also gotta believe that, with the possible exception of Mills, Held and Frost aren't seeing much they like on the practice field either. If somebody was doing well consistently in practice, IMO they'd have gotten the job over Mills.

Last edited:
First, while I agree that we have offensive "issues" but Scott is the offensive guru and he is not going anywhere soon now is he.

Second, If they other team scores on every possession, the best you can hope for is a tie and overtime :(.

Face it, we have to get to where the defense can get the other team off the field, an after four years plus of Chin's defense, that just does not happen often enough to allow for a winning record except for a year at UCF that clearly was a fluke.

Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. So either DONU makes some big changes, or we all agree we are insane to follow this team :(.

Last edited:
You're right, but to me the problem on offense now is worse than when Ziggy was a Husker. He basically forced Frost's hand. Right now, I don't think there's a Nebraska back on the roster who's forcing Frost's hand. They clearly believe that Robinson can't be a full time back in the Big 10 without getting injured, so he's not going to even be given the opportunity to be a 20+ carry guy. Mills hasn't done much of anything since he arrived, Thompkins arrived injured and hasn't done much, and Marvin Scott hasn't done much either.

True -- though we don't even seem interested in trying to run the ball with our backs. I don't think Frost is interested in pounding the rock. He'd rather have a collection of scat backs that are fast and versatile. And I don't believe that's going to work in the Big Ten. In the past two games, the true running backs (not counting the hybrid back, Robinson) have gotten less than 10 combined carries.

First, while I agree that we have offensive "issues" but Scott is the offensive guru and he is not going anywhere soon now is he.

Second, If they other team scores on every possession, the best you can hope for is a tie and overtime :(.

Face it, we have to get to where the defense can get the other team off the field, an after four years plus of Chin's defense, that just does not happen often enough to allow for a winning record except for a year at UCF that clearly was a fluke.

Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. So either DONU makes some big changes, or we all agree we are insane to follow this team :(.

If Frost doesn't produce a winning product next season, he'll be gone.

I'll repeat what I wrote on another thread. I'm no football expert but I think I'm logical.

The scheme or how he runs it won't work here. This stinking 3-4 folds like a lawn chair vs power running.3-4 3 down line man 4 backer's.

Why not go to a 4-4 or ,even a 5 - 2?

Bottom line we need more beef up front. The line backers aren't getting it done. Put an extra lineman or 2 in there or something.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back