• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I am serious: Fire Chin now!

HuskerSuperGenius

Scout Team
5 Year Member
To salvage anything of this mess, you have to start with a defense that can stop somebody.

PSU was a mirage, if Franklin starts Levis in stead of the Clifford "turnover machine", they walk over use too and we are 0-5. You know PSU had > 500 yards against Chin's D, even with the "goal line stands".

There is in fact talent on the defense, not great talent, but enough young talent to do better than this in year 3 of the program. This says that a change in "coaching or scheme" could be to DONU advantage. Obviously just a new DE coach didnt do enough :(.

Scott is faced with the same issue that PJ Fleck faced at mid year and even though I don't like the guy, Fleck had the balls to fire his D-coordinator in mid stream, a bold move, which resulted in a marked improvement in his defense and wins for his team.

Finally, fortuitously, there is even a name brand d-coordinator that could be hired: Muschamp, former head coach at South Carolina. Now as a Head Coach he is so, so but he has a really good rep as a d-coordinator in the SEC, just what we need right now to come in and change the tone on that side of the football.

I know we are not removing Scott for at least another two years, but I am 67 years old and I can't stand watching two more years of this over and over again. Something has got to change in a major way, and I think AD Moos knows it just like I do.

GBR

I wouldn’t fire Chinander. To me, our problems start on offense. You can’t turn the ball over 5 times, go for it on 4th down at midfield when you clearly can’t execute anything, and operate at a quick pace. All of these things put tremendous stress on a below average defense. Frost was hired to put points on the board. He’s not.

I wouldn’t fire Chinander. To me, our problems start on offense. You can’t turn the ball over 5 times, go for it on 4th down at midfield when you clearly can’t execute anything, and operate at a quick pace. All of these things put tremendous stress on a below average defense. Frost was hired to put points on the board. He’s not.
Yep. It's a rare defense that can overcome what our offense has been serving up.

The defense isn't great, but firing Chinander is not the solution.

Chinander's defense has actually made a little progress IMO. The offense has not only not made progress, it's regressed. If anybody ought to get fired it's the QB coach, because Mario's "room" is a mess right now. I think OL's regressed too.

Hiring Muschamp is a pipe dream that I seriously doubt ever comes true. Muschamp is still getting paid by South Carolina, and will IMO have a chance to get a HC job for next year if he wants one. IMO, he and the Liberty HC could end up swapping positions. Liberty has the donors to pay Muschamp $2 million or more if Hugh Freeze moves on to the SEC or another P5 job.

Last edited:

Chinander's defense has actually made a little progress IMO. The offense has not only not made progress, it's regressed. If anybody ought to get fired it's the QB coach, because Mario's "room" is a mess right now. I think OL's regressed too.

Hiring Muschamp is a pipe dream that I seriously doubt ever comes true. Muschamp is still getting paid by South Carolina, and will IMO have a chance to get a HC job for next year if he wants one. IMO, he and the Liberty HC could end up swapping positions. Liberty has the donors to pay Muschamp $2 million or more if Hugh Freeze moves on to the SEC or another P5 job.
We can pay him more!!!

Yes, go get Muschamp now! And at the end of the year go get the best assistants NU can find at TE, RB, LB, and OL.

C

While that sounds great, I'm not convinced any quality, upper-tier assistants would want to come to Nebraska currently -- it looks like a sinking ship. The mistake was bringing everyone along from UCF in the first place.

Last edited:
We got beat in the trenches on Defense. NO pressure on the QB. He had all the time he needed except an occasional LB rushing him with 1 sack. It seems like every time we assign Black Shirts the very next game we suck on D!!??
I don't see us having a winning season, again, with the ineptness of our O and D. 5 Turnovers!!! Wow that killed any chance we had! :Frown:
It seems HCSF doesn't have a QB that can run the type of offense he wants to run. 7 NU receivers caught balls today no big plays.
I'm not sure any of our coaches are performing like we wish they would!:( Don't see us playing any Bowl games, if there are any! Almost 500 yards of offense by IU, like last game. If Chinander's philosophy is to bend on the yards gained but not let them score, he's failing, again!:O O:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back