• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Illinois @ Nebraska Game Thread (11/21/20)

Because Nebraska fans would have wanted Tom Allen fired the first day he was hired. Allen was coaching high school ball as recently as 2006. From there, an assistant at Drake, Arkansas State, Ole Miss, and South Florida. Husker fans would have blown a gasket over that hire.
I was meaning to suggest getting a coach who comes in and improves or maximizes things. I'm not suggesting that we should have known to hire Allen a few years ago.

Last edited:

In all actuality this year is such a "loss" in so many ways.

I'll just be happy to see everyone get through the rest of 2020 safely and intact.

Sure would love to see a decisive, accurate, strong armed QB (who can be mobile) run this offense.

Until teams have to defend the threat of a long ball, nothing's going to change.

My Christmas wish list consists of an ace recruiter who can develop QB's... & a couple pass rushers.:Santa:

I'll just be happy to see everyone get through the rest of 2020 safely and intact.
I am not sure 2021 will not be a tougher year. We are not even in flu season and it is starting to lockdown. I am not sure we see football at all in 2021.

Lol. No.... he didn’t.

I would say this is as bad as a lot of those though.

It’s amazing I never see Mario Verduzco mentioned in coaching gripes. Our QB development looks pretty bad right now.

Yeah, he did.

Won 9 games season two. Beat #6 Michigan State in 2015. Split two games with Oregon in 2016 and 2017 -- only losing the second by 7. Played Wisconsin better than any Nebraska coach has. That's not to say Riley was a good coach -- but he did much, much more than Frost has ever done.

It's just that half the fan base had their pitchforks out with the very first game in the Hail Mary loss to BYU. And by year three with the loss to Northern Illinois, that was the nail in the coffin -- as Eichorst was fired and Moos was hired not to figure out how to keep Riley around.

Frost is the worst coach I've ever seen at Nebraska. By far.

But yes, Verduzco never had business coming to Lincoln. The biggest wasted salary of all of the assistants.

Last edited:
Time for the Head Coach to really look at his staff and remember this is a BUSINESS. Players aren't tackling, a dive an tossed shoulder isn't gonna cut it, how can they NOT be taught to wrap runners up? Secondary, IF they have so much speed, WHY have them over 5 yards away from their man? Why aren't they taught to LOOK for the ball? Why have a QB coach when our QB's look lost an confused, seem to play worse as time goes on. Our linemen, BOTH sides of ball, seem they keep getting their asses kicked, pushed around and get caught holding to make up for lack of (skill) coaching. As for the Head Coach, time to admit your terrible at calling a game, and trying to run the team> Isn't it time to admit your plate is TOO full, get someone in the box calling plays, getting the game pace where it's needed? Just my thoughts

Yeah, I think McCaffrey is a great athlete and is very good running the ball. Unfortunately, he's not ready to be an FBS passer. Say what you will about Martinez, but he's still our best option at quarterback.

Then again, it might not do any good given how bad everything else looked.

This team is stuck in the mud. Every time it looks like we might get out, we just find ourselves deeper in the hole. It's maddening.
Against tOSU, both Martinez and McCaffery were in at the same time and we were able to move the ball. With both of them out there it makes our offense harder to defend. I don’t think it should be an either/or at QB, put them both out there and turn them loose.

Sure would love to see a decisive, accurate, strong armed QB (who can be mobile) run this offense.

Until teams have to defend the threat of a long ball, nothing's going to change.

My Christmas wish list consists of an ace recruiter who can develop QB's... & a couple pass rushers.:Santa:
It's kind of interesting regarding the deep throw comments. I hear people say they don't need to defend the deep threat yet when we try deep throws they always have 3 guys surrounding our receiver.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back