• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How bad is this loss to Illinois?

blackshirt red

Recruit
2 Year Member
After beating PSU, the thought was, yeah, PSU is now 0-4 but they were preseason top ten!

I am quite serious when I ask what this 2-4 Illinois team was rated preseason.

Last edited:

Well, to me if they lose and Illinois keeps putting points up it is as bad as any loss I can remember (been a fan since 1981). I’m not sure I’ve seen a worse performance in all phases by a Neb team. I have the same feeling I had with the Texas tech game.

I’m a Frost guy but this doesn’t seem to be working. Maybe we’ll see in 7-8 years I guess. A lot of other big programs would be sending Chinander back to Florida right after this game.

Devastating loss. Shows an absolute lack of progress. The only positive I can think of at this time is that nobody got hurt. Oh, and that we don't have to see fans streaming for the exits.

How bad is this loss to Illinois?
Sadly, we won't know how bad this loss to Illinois is going to be until after another quarter of play. Who knows, maybe we can score 3 more times and view it as a quality loss. Progress.

Last edited:
Hey at least they look cool.

I wouldn’t wear these uniforms EVER again. I can just imagine how “hyped” they all were when they saw these in the locker room, problem is they all forgot they had a game to play in them.

Sadly, we won't know how bad this loss to Illinois is going to be until after another quarter of play. Who knows, maybe we can score more times and view it as a quality loss. Progress.

The progress excise is fascinating to me. Wjen does that no longer become an excuse? Four years? Five? Ten? Every other school in the country seems to be able to turn things around without taking ten years fro do it- this now seems to be going backwards again. Until the head coach looks past the loyalty he has for assistant coaches who caught lightning in a bottle in Florida he will suffer the consequences. And, it could eventually cost the prodigal son his job. I know Moos says give it time, but Moos and everyone else say that because they thought it would take 2-3 seasons, not 12.
The big red is in big trouble.

It’s not our worst. But as a 15 pt favorite, pretty damned bad.

We are something like 4-12 against the spread in our last 16 games. I read that is worst ATS in FBS. That shows how poorly we underperform as Vegas is pretty good at setting the numbers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back