• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Where should I start? Today was a busy day! They were able to do the MRI on Steph’s brain last night – and it came back negative! No issues! Hallelujah!!! The neurologist was very encouraged! She said Steph is a “COVID long hauler” – meaning she may/will have lingering issues such as fatigue and confusion – but obviously the good news is that she’s fighting, and more so that God is healing her! Her blood gases (CO2, O2, pH) were completely normal (indicating good lung function). Kidneys are showing signs that they are “waking up”.

At 1055, the respiratory tech began SBT (spontaneous breathing test/trial) on Steph. This is where they put the ventilator in a mode where Steph is breathing on her own (with backup from the vent if she should have problems). It’s like “pushups for the lungs.” Steph was able to breathe easy for 25 minutes! After that time, she started laboring a little, so they stopped the test. The goal is for her to do one hour per day. But for the first time breathing on her own in almost a month, she did great!

At 1435, nurse John (who has been an awesome provider for Steph) asked her to move her fingers, and she did! A little later, he asked her to look at him, and her eyes went to him; then I called her name, and she looked at me! Great progress just today! Praise God!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And He (Jesus) said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.” (Luke 10:18~20)
:Banana::Corn2:

After yesterday, today (almost) seems a bit anticlimactic. But it's another day to celebrate! Steph is responding even better. She knows I'm there, and a few times it seemed like she was trying to talk (I told her not to try...). When I told her about Maverick's day with his "girlfriend", her eyes widened, and she mouthed something like "Mavi!" Her ventilator settings are improving also. After being on 40% O2 (Fi O2) for a few days, they turned it down to 30% today -- and she did well! To God be the Glory!!

Last edited:
Great news EVK! I will continue to include Steph in my daily prayers. I lost 2 family members last week that had covid. (Both had underlying conditions)
Thanks for being an inspiration in these strange troubled times. This thread continues to remind me how precious our time with loved ones is in this world.
Sorry to hear that Pasadena. :(

Last edited:
After yesterday, today (almost) seems a bit anticlimactic. But it's another day to celebrate! Steph is responding even better. She knows I'm there, and a few times it seemed like she was trying to talk (I told her not to try...). When I told her about Maverick's day with his "girlfriend", her eyes widened, and she mouthed something like "Mavi!" Her ventilator settings are improving also. After being on 40% O2 (Fi O2) for a few days, they turned it down to 30% today -- and she did well! To God be the Glory!!
Every Journey starts with a single step. It is sounding like she is a few steps in.

Even in the hard times, God is there, God is good and calls to us saying: “The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.” (Lamentations 3:25)

Grateful that she is taking steps in the right directions. Prayers continue for you both.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back