• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Illinois Week Practice: Thursday Zoom Presser With Coach Frost Video Added

I guess only a few designated players are supposed to know how to tackle No wonder we gave up 500 yards.
Both @Huskerthom and @NUinID have politely explained to you why he still did his job and made a great play, even without finishing the tackle. I can't tell if you're too stubborn to back down, or if you don't understand how team defense works with gap assignments, etc., but your responses are not coming across as knowledgeable. Yes, it would have been great if he had made the tackle, but he did his job AND disrupted the play. If I were to apply your logic to the last Penn State play of the game, I guess we should be upset with Ben Stille because he didn't get the sack before the QB threw the ball away.

Last edited:
Both @Huskerthom and @NUinID have politely explained to you why he still did his job and made a great play, even without finishing the tackle. I can't tell if you're too stubborn to back down, or if you don't understand how team defense works with gap assignments, etc., but your responses are not coming across as knowledgeable. Yes, it would have been great if he had made the tackle, but he did his job AND disrupted the play. If I were to apply your logic to the last Penn State play of the game, I guess we should be upset with Ben Stille because he didn't get the sack before the QB threw the ball away.
Let's use this again.
1605727155991.jpeg

I never argued he didn't do his assignment. However, in my eyes, he had the RB dead to rights and whiffed. Forgive my "old school" belief that football is about blocking and tackling. I bow to your superior knowledge of all things.

As far as civility, I'm not sure the implied "non bitter cry baby fan" insult can be "polite" but what do I know--I think tackling is fundamental.

This is a great article I found on facebook.
We finally have the jimmys n joes to do this. I think Chins doesnt get the credit he deserves, would have done it sooner if they'd had the guys.

I never argued he didn't do his assignment. However, in my eyes, he had the RB dead to rights and whiffed. Forgive my "old school" belief that football is about blocking and tackling. I bow to your superior knowledge of all things.

As far as civility, I'm not sure the implied "non bitter cry baby fan" insult can be "polite" but what do I know--I think tackling is fundamental.
So all of it was acceptable and well executed right up until the money shot, right? What if he’d been stalemated at the line, but the back cashed into the pile and only gained 2 yards, is that more acceptable? The kid made a great move that left a veteran offensive lineman flat footed, and was 2 fingers in a jock strap from a TFL, but you can’t appreciate the play without the money shot. Gotcha.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back