• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OPENING DAY!

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Finally here!

Anyone going to be able to watch, or attend, their team's opener?

I'm a Royals fan, and had the chance to go. But I can't afford to miss my Thursday classes. So I'll be following along on my phone. :)

You?

I live halfway across the country, so no attending the Giants opener for me. Will (hopefully, unless it's blacked out) be watching via MLB.TV on my Playstation 3.

espn is carrying the game at 7 pm central :) I have a digital camera class, so I will miss the 1st hour, plus. I'll record it, and pick up where it is, when I get home. :thumbsup:

GO GIANTS...................................

WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!
:banana::thumbsup::rockon::woohoo:

Last edited:
I go to about 10 Orioles games a year (2 a month) and see lots of other good teams (certainly not the O's). I just enjoy the day (or evening) at the ballpark. Always try to catch at least one KC Royals game when they are in town as I having rooted for them since I was a kid and it has been awhile since there have been loud cheers.

O's opening day isn't until next Monday.

Last edited:

It is an absolute joke that MLB doesnt schedule all game the 1st 2 weeks i domes or the south or the west...The majority of todays games are going to be played in awful conditions at best and may be postponed

I go to about 10 Orioles games a year (2 a month) and see lots of other good teams (certainly not the O's). I just enjoy the day (or evening) at the ballpark. Always try to catch at least one KC Royals game when they are in town as I having rooted for them since I was a kid and it has been awhile since there have been loud cheers.

O's opening day isn't until next Monday.

I usually head down for a game or two each season at Camden Yards... about the easiest ticket in baseball! :) That said, the Orioles should be an interesting team to watch this season. Their infield is almost completely different... Derrek Lee, JJ Hardy, Mark Reynolds. Vlad at DH. And some decent returning bats in the outfield... Brian Roberts is back at 2nd... maybe Wieters can live up to his hype. The pitching isn't too exciting, however.

Can't say I'm real happy with only 6 games scheduled for opening day... but alas, it's here, it's baseball... it's real baseball (not that junk that the Huskers trot out onto the field -- heheheh). :)

No M's game today, but I'll be watching them tomorrow! I have tickets for the 2nd home game vs the Indians on Sat 4/9 (also going to a Sounders game that day). Also just bought tickets for Monday 4/11 vs the Bluejays and am looking at tickets for the next home series vs the Tigers.

Woot!

I go to about 10 Orioles games a year (2 a month) and see lots of other good teams (certainly not the O's). I just enjoy the day (or evening) at the ballpark.

I usually head down for a game or two each season at Camden Yards... about the easiest ticket in baseball! :)

I still need to get back over thataway and check out Camden Yards. We were at Andrews AFB until summer of 1991, and Camden opened the following spring.

The Orioles resemble a beer league softball team with their power...could be a fun team to watch lose 11-9 every game

nope, cant get to wrigley, and the royals are close enough but my wife might get a little mad if i go to the game and miss kids being born! :eek: thats if she would have them today.

nope, cant get to wrigley, and the royals are close enough but my wife might get a little mad if i go to the game and miss kids being born! :eek: thats if she would have them today.

Let's see: ballgame..............or, being with wife, who is having twins??? :lol: Nothing to think about, is there? ;)

I do miss going to my Giants games. I moved before the new park was ready. Oh well! Hope to make a game in the near future. :)

The Orioles resemble a beer league softball team with their power...could be a fun team to watch lose 11-9 every game

They also should lead the lead with LOB and blown saves. The bullpen the last couple of years never discovered a lead too safe.

I still need to get back over thataway and check out Camden Yards. We were at Andrews AFB until summer of 1991, and Camden opened the following spring.

Worth checking out as Camden Yards is very nice... but you don't really get a great fan experience there any longer as there's typically 4-5 times as many empty seats as people in attendance... at least by mid-season when they O's are basically eliminated. Citizen's Bank Park in Philadelphia is every bit as nice, had better eating options (I think Camden Yards may have seen some of original vendors lose enough money that they left), and led the majors in percentage capacity for attendance last season (103% average per game). It's a tough ticket in Philly but completely worth it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back