• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio State Game

Agree, I think there's some other games in the B1G that are better to look at like Illinois.

Mostly, I just need to see what Nebraska looks like before I'd ever consider betting money either on or against them (speaking as an impartial bettor). My only current evidence is last season -- but I have no idea if that will apply at all in 2020. My head, heart, and gut will pull me in all sorts of directions until I actually see the product on the field. Could very well be our offense is light years better than last season -- but I need to see it before I'd ever put money on that.

Ohio State could be a bit better or a bit worse than what I think they will be -- but the range of possibilities is pretty small. They are either going to be very good or outstanding. But Nebraska? The range of possibilities for success in 2020 are all over the place as of today.

I'm not a betting guy, but if there was one game I had to bet on at this point of the season it would be the OSU game. That's just due to both teams having so much time off leading up to the opening game. Offenses depend a lot on timing, and we saw how disrupted that can be with the poor snaps last season. I just don't think the offenses will be polished going into this game with so much time off, keeping it closer than the 21.5 margin. If someone wants to spot me $ I'll gladly wager on us to cover :)

Keys to the Husker cover
Our D line must play up to their potential, force faster reads by the QB and take pressure off of our young secondary.
Tackle, thats all.
Convert on third down and 5 or less to extend drives, eat clock and rest the defense.
No offensive turnovers, none, absolutely nil.

If these fundamental football practices happen, we will cover and be very competitive.

DL has to be tenacious, and get pressure.

OL has to be tenacious, and open holes.

AM has to be decisive, and make good decisions.

ST's has to do the opposite of what they've been doing the last 3 years.

:Cautious:

Keys to the Husker cover
Our D line must play up to their potential, force faster reads by the QB and take pressure off of our young secondary.
Tackle, thats all.
Convert on third down and 5 or less to extend drives, eat clock and rest the defense.

If these fundamental football practices happen, we will cover and be very competitive.

Actually the secondary is one of the most veteran parts of this team. However, pressure up front may create the turnovers NU will need to pull an upset.

Ohio State could be a bit better or a bit worse than what I think they will be -- but the range of possibilities is pretty small. They are either going to be very good or outstanding. But Nebraska? The range of possibilities for success in 2020 are all over the place as of today.
I have a real hard time seeing OSU’s defense not take at least a little hit. Whoever replaces Chase Young will be at least 1 step down. I don’t think there is any more Bosas coming up.

Offensively they should be close to the same.

I am hoping for a lot of improvement from Nebraska.

Keys to the Husker cover
Tackle, thats all.

Agree with the above. We need to force some punts too... and do that before we are down by 30+ points. Sounds obvious, but we haven't done it in three of the last four meetings.

Can't wait! Friday 23 October 7:34AM RWY 35L Lincoln Municipal Airport ;)

I7ttfGx.png

bICa7CM.png

Last edited:
I am not really worried either way. I would like to play well but teams usually don’t look real sharp out of the gate. Hoping that is true of OSU too.

In a way I'm glad that covid - 19 has limited a lot of the typical August hype / press leading up to the season opener.

I'm not sure what to expect from either team,, but I really would like to see tOSU team go into halftime asking themselves 'what the heck just happened.'

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back