• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Not starting off good

With 50 people in close quarters. If any of those people had COVID it could now spread onto the team and the season is over. Over. This isn't a typical year. For three months you would think that they could put team first.

19 year olds are usually much more reliable. :nod:

Nope, but the problem is that they show up he next day for a team meeting or a lifting session and ....bingo, someone gets sick. Look, this team went through a lot of BS just to get the chance to play. They don't need irresponsible acts such as this.
They don't even have to get sick. If they test positive, and infect 4 or 5 others on the team, might as well kiss this season goodbye. After our entire state fought to have B1G football this fall, there should be ZERO tolerance for this behavior.
It goes way beyond "kids being kids". Everyone on the team bears a responsibility to test negative. If they want to party with 50+ college kids, they don't need to be on the team.

Behavior that was perfectly OK in 2019 is not going to cut it this year.

The BIG cannot be blamed if games get canceled or postponed. The players know the rules and what is at stake. It is entirely up to them to deliver.

I would agree that the Big should not solely be blamed, but they could have done somethings to help the season along if need be, but you are right players and staff need to just hunker down for a couple of months.

I suppose people are right when they say that these young kids cannot control themselves and not party for a few months. I disagree. Most will. And those that don't should be removed from the team, since they will probably do it again. Red shirt walk ons? How great a part of the team do they feel anyway at this point.

I'd boot them off the team because I think those guys that want so bad to ply games this fall will not party and mess around for the next three months. It's not at all impossible.

And this isn't some great scheme by the BIG administrators. This is on those guys alone.

This is where being a good team over the past few decades would have helped these players out. This same issue happens with players at OSU and I bet they are given a warning and no tickets is ever written....

Nothing to do with it. Upset neighbors repeatedly turned them in. Their own doing.

Right or wrong, as a walk-on at Nebraska you are selected to be here and have to do things better than the scholarship guys. The upperclassmen were not happy since this could have had major implications to them during Covid time, and the staff was happy to see the frustration from our guys about it.

If you want to do things like this, you better be really good if you want to stick around.

I have to be a realist on this one. If I was a college player and was as dedicated to the team and the program as anyone else, on or off scholarship, I can't say I would do any different.

Here you have worked your arse off preparing for a season. Dedicated yourself, followed all the rules, protection guidelines, navigated the virus, etc...You did your job....then you have mighty Kevin rip your soul right out of you by saying: "Fall season cancelled and will NOT be re-visited". Sorry, I'm going to party. Not passing judgement on these kids. Hell, I wouldn't pass judgement if Martinez put on the party. The timing of this makes a huge difference.

Now, if they season was on? Heck ya it was stupid and irresponsible.

Last edited:
I suppose people are right when they say that these young kids cannot control themselves and not party for a few months. I disagree. Most will. And those that don't should be removed from the team, since they will probably do it again. Red shirt walk ons? How great a part of the team do they feel anyway at this point.

I'd boot them off the team because I think those guys that want so bad to ply games this fall will not party and mess around for the next three months. It's not at all impossible.

And this isn't some great scheme by the BIG administrators. This is on those guys alone.
And it's not just about the act itself. Loud house party? So what? Kids will be kids, right? Gotta have fun while you're young.

But it's more than just the act; it's the intent and the mindset. Can kids control themselves? Absolutely! I did it. When I was a freshman in HS, I used to go to the parties we'd have on back roads... But then during track season, coach said if he ever found out any one of us had been at a party, we'd be off the team. I never drank again until college. Wasn't worth the risk.

If those kids don't have enough self control to be able to place the TEAM FIRST above their desire for pleasure, then they don't deserve to be on the team.

Do you think Frost brought the team back and said "feel free to be around whoever you want"?
Certainly not but of all the 'rules' that could be broke, and are broke, and will be broke in the future, having a party, drinking, or hitting a bar is probably the most difficult to 'police'.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back