• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Not starting off good

At that time they were still having lifting sessions and team meetings for 10 hours/week.
. Yep and two starting lineman were whooping it at highlands golf course a few weeks ago with no masks on. The same as the other 100 golfers there. We seem to have a high level of judgement on here towards social distance policies that haven't proven to work.

The same people criticizing these three will also tailgate the first week.

Well considering at the time these took place the B1G was telling them they weren't going to be allowed to play I think there is room for some bits of commitment error. Pretty much guarantee these aren't the only ones violating extreme expectations.

Yeah I know but not something we want to happen now and that was my main point

. Yep and two starting lineman were whooping it at highlands golf course a few weeks ago with no masks on. The same as the other 100 golfers there. We seem to have a high level of judgement on here towards social distance policies that haven't proven to work.

The same people criticizing these three will also tailgate the first week.

I am sure some will tailgate not me

Young adults do young adult stuff. I'm ok with it as it wasn't before DONU knew it was going to play this year. However now that it is go time, player leadership needs to step up and lay down the law.

Yeah I know but not something we want to happen now and that was my main point
Understand your point. Just wish some would use perspective to understand these three......at this particular point we're probably more the norm and not an isolated threesome.

If this had happened after the conference announcement that the season would begin in October I would suspend them from the team for the rest of the season. Make it clear that putting yourself before the team will not be acceptable or tolerated. This is not a normal year. Every player needs to be 100 percent on board or choose to opt out this season and stay away from your teammates.

It's like a small town. EVERYONE knows about something like this. Everyone knows that what happened 3 or 4 previous times is not helping the team. Any one of these guys could be bringing a nasty little surprise to a practice or team meeting. Real team leaders would put a stop to this.

Good lord, relax.

i-didnt-get-a-harrumph-out-of-that-guy.jpg

This is where being a good team over the past few decades would have helped these players out. This same issue happens with players at OSU and I bet they are given a warning and no tickets is ever written....

Need to remember as well that with the restrictions in place in Lincoln if there is a big crowd at a house there is a good chance neighbors will call the cops. Football games or not the players needed to be just a tad smarter than they were. Big crowds are going to draw attention right now.

Loud party? When I first started to read the headline I was concerned. I feel much better now. Three walk-ons had a loud party in college? Shocking!

Go to court, run some stairs, and move on.
With 50 people in close quarters. If any of those people had COVID it could now spread onto the team and the season is over. Over. This isn't a typical year. For three months you would think that they could put team first.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back