• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Early Nebraska lines

I’d definitely take the over if I were betting. 4-4 seems more than doable with how we have our team prepared. The issue is going to be we will have at least one game cancelled or postponed.
Prepared????? This team hasn’t practiced in pads since November pal

If you gotta add covid cancelation risk plus loss of key player risk to the regular performance risk it's not worth actually betting. But if we knew all games will be played with all players I'd take the over. I'd say 4 - 5 wins.

Last edited:

Hinges on the Northwestern game, which I will always see as a toss up until proven otherwise.

If we lose that game, an 0-4 start is not going that far out on a limb. And if we start 0-4, it may be a serious mental challenge to win the last 4.
We need to somehow find two wins in the first four games. I'm not sure we will be favored in any of those games (maybe NW).

If we start 2-2, i think a 3-1 or even 4-0 finish is possible. Different story if we start 1-3 or 0-4.

We need to somehow find two wins in the first four games. I'm not sure we will be favored in any of those games (maybe NW).

If we start 2-2, i think a 3-1 or even 4-0 finish is possible. Different story if we start 1-3 or 0-4.

I agree in that if we start 2-2, we'll be in great shape. And I can't discount that possibility -- I just wouldn't bet on it. Wisconsin seems like the best potential for an upset -- though it would still be an upset.

I've seen a lot of "what if we start 1-3" comments throughout social media today -- but that is some assumption that we'll beat Northwestern. Yet in 7 of the 9 games we've played Northwestern since joining the Big Ten, the final score was decided by 3 points or less. If there was ever a game you could pencil in the start of a season as most likely to be a nail biter, Northwestern is the best bet. And I won't be surprised if Pat Fitzgerald has this game circled on his schedule.

The only game I can say, "yep, we'll win" is Illinois (even though it's not a total lock, as Illinois was improved last season). I won't assume a win over Purdue, considering Frost is 0-2 against the Boilers -- and even minus Rondale Moore, they have a great group of receivers as well as a quality QB in Plummer.

My concern is the fact that the schedule is stacked so difficult to start, if we stumble it may be very difficult to get back up.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back