• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

sure looked unhappy

wow just saw some of the press conference from Karen Warren to all the rest of the talking heads none of them seemed happy that the big10 was playing football
He probably forgot to tell the pac 12 that the big ten was starting up again. You know how well he communicates.

King Kevin was adamant when he announced the season was canceled and the decision WOULD NOT BE REVISISTED.
That was however before his bosses told him they would revisit that decision. Obviously he's now butthurt because he's completely in charge except when the presidents/chancellors decide he's not. He was given some cover saying the new testing changed things but should have never said it would not be REVISITED. :Rolf:

Last edited:
King Kevin was adamant when he announced the season was canceled and the decision WOULD NOT BE REVISISTED.
That was however before his bosses told him they would revisit that decision. Obviously he's now butthurt because he's completely in charge except when the presidents/chancellors decide he's not. He was given some cover saying the new testing changed things but should have never said it would not be REVISITED. :Rolf:

That comment was stupid. he should have never drawn that line knowing it could of course be reversed. It makes him look like a very weak leader.

Warren did not make the initial decision to suspend football unilaterally, by himself. He simply announced the decision by a 11-3 vote. Beating him to death with fan anger, at this point, does absolutely nothing.

I am satisfied and elated that NU, and the rest of the conference schools, will have an opportunity to play.
Meh... He handled the whole thing with an amazing lack of tact and piss poor communication. He can take his lumps like a big boy.
Let the fans who ultimately pay his salary be heard.

I watched the BTN live yesterday and the entire panel looked as if they were passing boulders, lol.
I think some of that may be the stress of working out all the details. I think Morty (NW) and the OhSU doc genuinely want to make a season happen. I think most, if not all, of the ADs wanted it to happen, although it seems Barry may be the most reluctant among them.

KFW was obviously uncomfortable, having been publicly called out for his crap show.

Excerpt from the show:

Reporter: "Kevin, how much damage do you think your poor communication and leadership has done to the B1G conference?"

KFW: "Thank you for your comment. It's good to hear your voice; hope you are well. I try to use every opportunity to get better."

Meh... He handled the whole thing with an amazing lack of tact and piss poor communication. He can take his lumps like a big boy.
Let the fans who ultimately pay his salary be heard.
Poor communication, maybe. Still does not rise to the level of being a whipping post because a bunch of "fans" want to whine.

Warren did not make the initial decision to suspend football unilaterally, by himself. He simply announced the decision by a 11-3 vote. Beating him to death with fan anger, at this point, does absolutely nothing.

I am satisfied and elated that NU, and the rest of the conference schools, will have an opportunity to play.

Well the 11-3 bit of info didn't even come out for, what, a week after? He absolutely sucks as a leader and communicator.

Well the 11-3 bit of info didn't even come out for, what, a week after? He absolutely sucks as a leader and communicator.
Absolutely. I never understood why people run to the defense of someone poorly doing their job while making $5 million per year. I don't feel sorry for KW-19. For his level of employment and salary he should be more then capable of tactfully providing communication of what's going on, regardless of the decision by the presidents.

I never really paid attention when Warren was hired to replace Delaney as Commissioner of the BIG10. Looks like a NFL guy to me. Why was he hired? Am I missing something?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back