• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ozuna First NL Player to Hit 3 Homers at Fenway

Black41FlashReverse

Recruit
5 Year Member
The other day Marcell Ozuna his three absolute bombs at Fenway. That is a hell of a game under any circumstance, but when I found out that Ozuna was the first NL player to ever hit 3 homers in one game there it absolutley blew my mind. The NL has the top two home run hitters ever Aaron and Bonds*. Fenway is the oldest stadium in the Majors. It has been around for the entirety of interleague play. I still hardly believe that no NL player has ever hit 3 homers in one game at Fenway. Also the next night Adam Duvall hit three homers himself. So something that had never happened at Fenway in 108 years happened twice in two consecutive nights. Baseball is crazy.

The other day Marcell Ozuna his three absolute bombs at Fenway. That is a hell of a game under any circumstance, but when I found out that Ozuna was the first NL player to ever hit 3 homers in one game there it absolutley blew my mind. The NL has the top two home run hitters ever Aaron and Bonds*. Fenway is the oldest stadium in the Majors. It has been around for the entirety of interleague play. I still hardly believe that no NL player has ever hit 3 homers in one game at Fenway. Also the next night Adam Duvall hit three homers himself. So something that had never happened at Fenway in 108 years happened twice in two consecutive nights. Baseball is crazy.
I believe that he was the first NL player to do it at Fenway.

Mark Whiten for St. Louis hit 4 once. In 1998, Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa each did it twice that season.

The link below shows that it has happened 246 times in NL and 233 times in AL.

Three Homeruns in a Game

Last edited:
Well the Sox play in the AL, so there's that. I wonder how many games vs NL teams have been played at Fenway.

Still, it is a noteworthy feat.

Baseball has so many stats that somehow you can find something that's never happened before with greater frequency than any sport. It is -- by far -- my favorite sport when it comes to stats and amazing feats in general.

Not to take away from Ozuna, as that's an awesome accomplishment!

I don't think Henry Aaron ever played a game at Fenway until his final two seasons when he was with the Brewers. Those were his only two seasons in the AL -- otherwise, NL teams didn't play in Fenway unless it was the World Series. The only other opportunity would have been the All Star game, but no player has ever hit three homeruns in one All Star game. And of course, it's not with great frequency that an All Star game has been held at Fenway.

Up until 1997, there was no interleague play during the regular season -- so that really limited the opportunities for NL players to perform this feat. And for the first 5 years of interleague play, there were limited series between the two leagues.

The Phillies are red hot. I believe they've won 10 of their last 11 after tonight's win over the Mets. Philly is 16-7 against the NL East -- best of any NL East team.

By the way, Philadelphia's rookie starting 3B is a native Nebraskan -- some may recall Alec Bohm, as he went on to have a stellar career at Wichita State. He's also performing quite well since being called up about a month ago.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back