• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Twilight Zone

I, too, liked "The Hunt". That episode shows why everyone needs a dog. Also, "Nothing in the Dark" with Robert Redford. There are others that I enjoyed seeing some of the actors in their early days. All in all, a great show.

Yeah, quite a few big stars appeared on TZ before exploding into stardom...

Remember the one with Burt Reynolds?

Yeah, quite a few big stars appeared on TZ before exploding into stardom...

Remember the one with Burt Reynolds?
I don't remember that episode, so I had to look it up on IMDb. The description of the episode didn't ring any bells with me, either. But I was surprised to see the movie "Defining Momemts" starring Burt Reynolds is due out next year. 3 years after Burt's death. That sounds like a Twilight Zone episode all of its own.

Last edited:

I don't remember that episode, so I had to look it up on IMDb. The description of the episode didn't ring any bells with me, either. But I was surprised to see the movie "Defining Momemts" starring Burt Reynolds is due out next year. 3 years after Burt's death. That sounds like a Twilight Zone episode all of its own.
Yeah, season 4 - one of the hour long episodes

Those don't get aired nearly as much as the 30 minute episodes

Probably some suit got it into his head that if the half hour Zone is a ratings hit then an hour long Zone should be an even bigger ratings hit, but it didn't quite work out...

Season 4 shows tend to drag a bit
TZ had the perfect formula down pat and then thought, for some reason, to mess with success
Why?

As a Husker fanatic - sounds kinda familiar...

At least the Twilight Zone came to it's senses and went back to the winning formula in season 5

Can Nebraska football do the same?

PS
Long live Burt!
Florida St guy, but ya gotta love him anyway!

Last edited:
I always laugh at the one where the kid wishes everyone into the cornfield. Talking Tina is good with Telly Savales. I also like the Shatner episode where he is getting a car repaired in a small town with his new wife and keeps putting pennies in that fortune thing on their table.

So many good ones.

My Top 5 episodes of The Twilight Zone:
{With thumbnail synopsis from IMDB}

Perchance to Dream - S1/E9
{A fatigued man fights to stay awake as he explains to a psychiatrist that if he falls asleep it will trigger a nightmare, which will cause his heart to fail}

And When the Sky Was Opened - S1/E11
{Three astronauts return to Earth after seemingly having made an encounter that dooms them and their craft to erasure from existence itself}

A Stop at Willoughby - S1/E30
{Tired of his miserable job and wife, a businessman starts dreaming on the train each night, about an old, idyllic town called Willoughby. Soon he has to know whether the town is real and fancies the thought of seeking refuge there}

A Piano in the House - S3/E87
{Sadistic and hated theater critic Fitzgerald Fortune buys a player piano that has the power to reveal the souls of all who hear it}

Number Twelve Looks Just Like You - S5/E137
{In a future society, everyone must undergo an operation at age 19 to become beautiful and conform to society. One young woman desperately wants to hold onto her own identity}

So many good ones that it's nearly impossible to narrow it down to just 5!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back