• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If the season is cancelled, what happens to recruiting?

gardenjam

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Do all teams have 5 classes next year?

What happens to the seniors?

Do rosters just get bigger all over what's left of college football?

Does attrition occur?

same as what they did for baseball probably. grant an extra year to seniors. But i would expect attrition either way. Folks going to the pros's would bypass extra year, graduation will certainly remove some from the roster as their goal is an education and not having a chance at the pros they will move on. that alone might be enough to not change the roster limit for most teams. but the Seniors would be exempt from the roster limit if they decided to play.

Last edited:
Rosters will get expanded to around 110. That will not help smaller programs who cant afford it. But it will help the massive programs who can, now just stockpile talent. The big programs will find a way to purge out the upperclassmen who are sitting at 3rd n 4th string, as they usually do.

Rosters will get expanded to around 110. That will not help smaller programs who cant afford it. But it will help the massive programs who can, now just stockpile talent. The big programs will find a way to purge out the upperclassmen who are sitting at 3rd n 4th string, as they usually do.

If they graduate and are non contributors the Huskers have met their end of the bargain. Not unusual at all.

It will take a few of years to get back to the 85 limit and I am sure those who graduate and are not deemed contributors will be shown the door as far as the athletic scholarship goes over the next few years. I have no doubt they will be told this will be done in the future

How this effects walk on's getting scholarships will be interesting to watch too.

Do all teams have 5 classes next year?

What happens to the seniors?

Do rosters just get bigger all over what's left of college football?

Does attrition occur?
All good and relevant questions. And what about the transfer portal? That thing could go berserk if teams go 18 months between games. We have already lost two signed recruits from 2020 who would likely still be here if it had been a normal Spring and Summer.

If the B1G is not going to play, then we better hope that no FBS conference plays. Otherwise, it could be a huge recruiting advantage for the SEC, ACC, and Big 12.

Every current commit and his parents need to watch Coach Frost’s Press Conference today. Hopefully they come away knowing that Coach Frost/Nebraska is a place that wants to take care of you as a person, help you earn a degree, and support you on the football field.

Last edited:
What Frost and Co. are building is, FANTASTIC! Why "mess" with a system that is being put into place that is, beginning to show promise?

Actually Frost was brilliant getting in front of the morning news about 12-2 vote. I was spying on eleven warriors, several responses talked about how it was so good for recruiting. Day chimed in right after the press conference! SF is ahead of the game!

Actually Frost was brilliant getting in front of the morning news about 12-2 vote. I was spying on eleven warriors, several responses talked about how it was so good for recruiting. Day chimed in right after the press conference! SF is ahead of the game!
I think the 12-2 vote has been debunked as fake news. From what I gather that was a poll of medical personnel who were asked if football could be played safely. Unless we are being lied to the vote has not taken place.

Not sure what the last three posts have to with this thread? Plenty of discussion on the football forum on that subject.

Lets not derail another recruiting thread

RR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back