• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Quarantine Hobbies

Well, my first pint of pickled peppers and onions (cowhorn and hybrid cayenne/white and red onions) did not seal when I canned it. So, it is refrigerator pickling. I am honestly thinking of pulverizing the whole mess in the blender and making hot sauce since it is basically the same thing as Tabasco pre grind right now.
That sounds like a good alternative.

Our punk rockers

Charcoal
View attachment 46810
Ai Thea Song (bad Thai spelling translation for Grey Two) named after a chicken the wife had as a child.
View attachment 46811
1595465754615.png

how much honey are you able to harvest, and how often?
Not sure. The top 'super' is full now. All 10 of the foundations have comb on both sides and the bees have combed the foundations all together. I tried to check them last night and end up getting stung as soon as I popped the top cover off. The bees were very active. I have no clue what I'm doing so like plumbing I'll screw it up a couple times before I get it semi-right. I'll try again early tomorrow when it is cool and take some pix when I do.

Not sure. The top 'super' is full now. All 10 of the foundations have comb on both sides and the bees have combed the foundations all together. I tried to check them last night and end up getting stung as soon as I popped the top cover off. The bees were very active. I have no clue what I'm doing so like plumbing I'll screw it up a couple times before I get it semi-right. I'll try again early tomorrow when it is cool and take some pix when I do.
Good luck. A friend of mine has a bunch of fruit trees in their yard, and have let a local honey producer set up in their field. He usually pays them with a couple jars a year.

Last edited:
So, my wife planted 12 tomato plants, two different varieties of cherry tomatoes and a single full sized. The plants are between 3.5 and 5.5 feet tall right now. We are about to have a tomato explosion.

So, my wife planted 12 tomato plants, two different varieties of cherry tomatoes and a single full sized. The plants are between 3.5 and 5.5 feet tall right now. We are about to have a tomato explosion.
That’s the thing with tomato’s, they go from “oh nice, fresh tomato’s” to “oh my god, more tomato’s” in a big hurry.

Remember to water the heck out of them, they will be juicier. :O O:;)

:Lol:

The tomato explosion is in full swing.

Salsa
Diced Tomatoes
Taco Mix (tom., onion, peppers, spices) pints just add to a pound of ground beef and it is ready
Diced tomatoes and peppers ala Rotel

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back