• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

DE Ru'Quan Buckley Commiting Tonight Expected To Pick Nebraska

Read the Omaha World Herald article on DL recruiting. Had never heard of Mike Leatherdale from Wayne, NE. Anyone from that area have some insight or comments on him? Possible walkon? I love Nebr. kids from small towns getting a chance.

I’m only seeing 2 CB’s from 247....both from January and both “6 Medium”.

Could be I misinterpreted that

Thanks
I must of been on my phone when I looked this morning or I was just too lazy to copy and paste his 247 profile here but here is his profile:

Nebraska and FSU are the only 2 "warm" teams at the moment, fwiw.

Last edited:

Read the Omaha World Herald article on DL recruiting. Had never heard of Mike Leatherdale from Wayne, NE. Anyone from that area have some insight or comments on him? Possible walkon? I love Nebr. kids from small towns getting a chance.
He’d be a great walk-on. Won state @ 285 in Class B last year and should repeat this year. Carries 300 pounds really well and is solid not fat. Anchors the line on both sides of the ball in HS. Probably would have a South Dakota offer if there were more camps this summer.

His recruitment will be similar to Joey Braasch from Columbus last year. The South/North Dakotas will come knocking during his SR season and maybe Wyoming/Colorado State will come in late.

He made that state championship look easy.

Kid is a monster when he wants to be. Problem is he has a lot of off the field issues. I hope it works out for him but a huge question mark at this time.

If things go his way I hope they take a hard look at him but I wouldn’t be surprised if Neb looks the other way on this one.

He’d be a great walk-on. Won state @ 285 in Class B last year and should repeat this year. Carries 300 pounds really well and is solid not fat. Anchors the line on both sides of the ball in HS. Probably would have a South Dakota offer if there were more camps this summer.

His recruitment will be similar to Joey Braasch from Columbus last year. The South/North Dakotas will come knocking during his SR season and maybe Wyoming/Colorado State will come in late.

Last edited:

He made that state championship look easy.

Kid is a monster when he wants to be. Problem is he has a lot of off the field issues. I hope it works out for him but a huge question mark at this time.

If things go his way I hope they take a hard look at him but I wouldn’t be surprised if Neb looks the other way on this one.
Can you IM the off field issues. Grades? Legal issues? Issues with women? Some of those coaches can deal with others...not so much.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back