• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

War Daddy Up?

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
What is WarDaddyUp, and why is it always on all the Strength & Conditioning tweets, etc?

It sounds BEYOND stupid. Like some phrase an 18 year old concocted and now everyone is trying to make "fetch" happen.

tenor.gif

Please someone tell me these were Brook Berringer's dying words or something that would actually give it a link to Husker football beyond meathead hashtags that our S&C staff is making.

Last edited:

Sometimes I just love google....

A War Daddy, Duval explains, is an awful lot of things -- a winner, a fighter, a survivor, a leader, one tough you-know-what.
“Who is that guy -- the guy that gets it done on the field, the guy that’s always making the play? That boils down to a mentality of a War Daddy," Duval said. "A War Daddy is the one where if the first troops are in and a guy takes a bullet, he’s going to pick that rifle up and continue the charge.”

When he first got here I think we had a discussion about this. My opinion is that I don't like to use the term 'War' with a sport. But I don't really think Duval cares what I think so that is just my thing.

What is WarDaddyUp, and why is it always on all the Strength & Conditioning tweets, etc?

It sounds BEYOND stupid. Like some phrase an 18 year old concocted and now everyone is trying to make "fetch" happen.

tenor.gif

Please someone tell me these were Brook Berringer's dying words or something that would actually give it a link to Husker football beyond meathead hashtags that our S&C staff is making.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over this. Duval isn't concerned with your opinion.

I don't mind the meathead hashtags so much. The John Galt t-shirts seem kinda weird, though. Is Duval giving out copies of Ayn Rand on the side? I'm not saying I'd rather see Bernie Bros t-shirts instead. But it's just as radical of a political view. I guess I'd have to ask Red Reign.

When he first got here I think we had a discussion about this. My opinion is that I don't like to use the term 'War' with a sport. But I don't really think Duval cares what I think so that is just my thing.
I’ve called a guy a warrior because he pushed through an ankle sprain or broken hand, but no one is suggesting that’s on a par with a guy getting a bullet or shrapnel. We say an OLine is battle hardened, even though having a season or two under their belt pales by comparison to a fire fight in Afghanistan.

You are entitled to your opinion, I just find the objection over analyzing commonly used phrases.

Last edited:

I don’t typically care. I think we get a little too caught up in words sometimes. But I get your point.

Reminded me of this gem. Anyone remember this D bag?

Last edited:
I’ve called a guy a warrior because he pushed through an ankle sprain or broken hand, but no one is suggesting that’s in a par with a guy getting a bullet or shrapnel. We say a OLine is battle hardened, even though having a season or two under your belt pales by comparison to a fire fight in Afghanistan.

You are entitled to your opinion, I just find the objection over analyzing commonly used phrases.

Agree, it is nothing to get overly bent about, JMO.

Or you could be like me and not have a Facebook, Twitter, snap chat, or instagram account so you don't even know it is a thing.

Last edited:

I've done this with my dog for years & never realized how polarizing it was.

I apologize, I'll never make fetch happen again...

Last edited:
I don't mind the meathead hashtags so much. The John Galt t-shirts seem kinda weird, though. Is Duval giving out copies of Ayn Rand on the side? I'm not saying I'd rather see Bernie Bros t-shirts instead. But it's just as radical of a political view. I guess I'd have to ask Red Reign.
Admitting I haven’t done any extensive reading, a quick glance showed me what Duval might be promoting: he believes in the power and glory of the human mind.

The mind can push the body beyond what some may initially think.

Seems kinda lame actually. But until they can actually start war daddying up it is all just words. Just like at the end of the video when the player is walking towards some toughness sign. Wake me up when we actually see toughness again. To me, we have not been a tough team under any coach since Solich. If anything we have been soft on the LOS and on defense for almost 10 years now. Until we get this back we will be known as a soft, finesse team. I would guess this straight up pisses Frost off.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back