• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Notre Dame Left Out

I really like the B1G plan, conference games only. Maybe the arrogance of ND finally catches up with them. Join a conference or be left out in the cold.

If for no other reason, I hope this season happens sans Notre Dame. :Banana:
1594394614637.png

ESPN seems to think that ND would be able to work with the ACC to fill in some games.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...en-goes-conference-only-means-next-notre-dame

What does conference-only play mean for Notre Dame?
For the independent outlier, this is a predicament, but there is a solution. First, losing the Wisconsin game is significant, but the Fighting Irish could overcome that alone. The problem comes if the Pac-12 does follow suit, because then Notre Dame would lose two additional games, in Stanford and USC. The most likely and expected scenario there would be for Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick and ACC commissioner John Swofford to extend their partnership and have the Irish fill the rest of their schedule with ACC games. Notre Dame is set to play six ACC opponents already.

It's some of the other independents such as BYU that may be left out in the cold.

The ACC said they would work in Notre Dame if they went to an conference only season.

I really like the B1G plan, conference games only. Maybe the arrogance of ND finally catches up with them. Join a conference or be left out in the cold.

If for no other reason, I hope this season happens sans Notre Dame. :Banana:
Please ! Fighting Irish is the second favorite team. Tradition. Very close B1G location .... Hoosiers, Purdue, Northwestern .... only 200 miles away or less.

Maybe this is part of the B1G's plan to get ND to join...
Please....god....no.
I know. The only thing worse would be Texas joining.
Please ! Fighting Irish is the second favorite team. Tradition. Very close B1G location .... Hoosiers, Purdue, Northwestern .... only 200 miles away or less.
I'm not a fan of ND at all, BUT! Notre Dame is a no brainer for the B1G. If we are going to add teams to the B1G, they should be the first team offered. Then, I think the next team should be OU, followed by Kansas and Missouri. Just my :Sign2cents: worth.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back