• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Spielman to TCU?

i know all we can think about is football for the young man, but maybe one of the schools, whether TCU or NDSU have something academically in line with what he wants.
Regardless what caused everything to derail I wish him well and thank him for his years as a Husker. He was a warrior and my guess is seeing all his friends and coaches leave left him feeling alone. I hope he has a big year wherever he ends up... unless he ends up in the same division as us then I unfortunately will have to root for a poor year... my good will only goes so far.

I honestly don't think that is what true leaders think and do. As a leader of young men, it's not his job to make him pay for not being mature enough to know how good he had it, but to help him better himself and help him grow to be a man and a man that is productive to society. JMPO
I get what you are saying... leaders have a moral obligation to do what is best for young men. BUT, I would not let him go to a potential opponent out of respect for the rest of the young men on our team. Have to take care of them first.

I get what you are saying... leaders have a moral obligation to do what is best for young men. BUT, I would not let him go to a potential opponent out of respect for the rest of the young men on our team. Have to take care of them first.
I really appreciate this reply. It makes sense definitely. I just don't see the "holding a grudge" part of it. You are right though, his team should come first, I can't even argue against that. -

Honestly, so long as he's not going to one of our opponents this year, I don't care. Good luck to him.

TCU was interesting because I liked how they used Jalen Reagor last year, but Reagor's a much better athlete and more explosive than Spielman

With what JD can put in his appeal, if Frost blocked it I think he would get protested until fired. Best to just let him play a year somewhere and let him be. Especially if it ends up TCU.

I’ll believe the adults over the petulant children, but you can do what you please.

Doesn't matter what you believe, Lars. Right now the players have the mic and with it the power of public opinion. That will eventually balance out, but probably not before it consumes a few more people.
I realize this is the day and age of believing everyone is exploited, but the fact remains, the money comes from the boosters and fans, and while even in Nebraska there are some of the knee jerk attitudes we see nationwide, it’s still a very conservative state. Look at Iowa, and think about if that situation was happening in Boulder, or Eugene. Some may worry about what the country thinks about Nebraska, but Nebraskans haven’t seemed as concerned. Children don’t fund the school, adults do.

With what JD can put in his appeal, if Frost blocked it I think he would get protested until fired. Best to just let him play a year somewhere and let him be. Especially if it ends up TCU.

While I'm not a fan of coaches blocking transfers, I guess it worries me as to what JD could put in his appeal that would be that controversial

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back