• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What about high school sports this fall?

Lil' All 'N' has had four days of conditioning out of 15 days. He has to attend a minimum of 10 of those so he can participate in the basketball camp that is in the middle of July.

Tomorrow's conditioning has been cancelled with rumors that it could be cancelled the rest of summer, which means no basketball camp.

Is this in Nebraska?

Unless things regarding the virus issue improve very soon, it is doubtful that HS sports will happen. Most schools are struggling to figure out how or when to open for the fall semester academics, let alone function with sports.

Gee, you mean parents will actually have to be parents?

Well, they are going to have to figure out daycare if they work. That is a HUGE concern. My office is slated to open Sept 8 but our VP told me yesterday he is doubtful we return in 2020. School schedules will have a lot to do with that. Because if kids aren’t in school, parents will have to be home anyway.

My thoughts are that plans will continue forward to have sports, knowing it can be cancelled at the last minute. In this case, "Prepare for the best (games are played), Don't be surprised of the worst (all sports cancelled)". This is for all sports at all levels.

It may come to pass that some teams are ready to play, but can't find an opposing team. This is especially true for any college in a hotspot area.

My daughter's HS basketball team has been working out, on the court, as a group since last week (limited to cohorts of 12) and at this point, our head coach is confident there will be a season, but we'll see as we are normally well into our summer league schedule at this point. It's a bit of an odd year as the only Jr from last year's team wasn't going to play this year anyway, but I feel bad for all of the kids because for any of them, losing a year sucks

Omaha Public Schools just released their school plan. Kids will only be on site 2-3 days per week. That will wreak havoc on working parents. No bueno.
I did enjoy watching some of that high school baseball tourney in Omaha last week. Hope the kids get to play for their sake.
LOL. Don't pretend you care about others

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back