• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The quintessential Corvette - which one is it?

Which model best defines Corvette?

• C1

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • C2

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • C3

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • C4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C5

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • C6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C7

• C8

• Total voters

Is there a none of the above option?
Freedom-class-LCS-photo-0029.jpg

A friend of mine had a C2 and a C3. Both very nice cars, but both painted this awful puke yellow. He would put them in an indoor car show here and he spent days setting up the display. Color-matched surf boards, sand, a radio underneath the car playing Beach Boys. He had so much crap out that you couldn't really look at the darn cars! ;)

I've always been partial to the '63 split window Stingray. But I don't know if any series is far enough ahead to be called quintessential.

You guys are really baggin' on the C4 but in 1990 a C4 team broke several long held records:

At the 24-hour mark the team was ecstatic with job. They had not only shattered a 50-year speed record, they accomplished their goal with a slightly modified production automobile – Ab Jenkins’ car was a purpose-build racecar with 750-horsepower, the ZR-1 had around 400-410-horsepower. And the sauce for the goose was that Ford, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi couldn’t do what the ZR-1 Corvette team did. Since all was well with the ZR-1 and the team was pumped, they decided to go for more – the 5000-mile record was in sight! The ZR-1 completed 5000 miles in 28-hours, 46-minutes, and 12.426-seconds.

The entire effort was about breaking a long-standing speed, endurance, and distance records. At the end of the experience, the team racked up the following records;
5000 Kilometers at 175.710-mph
24-Hours at 175.885-mph
5000 Miles at 173.791-mph

Pretty fabulous stuff...http://www.corvettereport.com/morrison-1990-zr-1-speed-record-aver-24-hour-174-885-mph/

Last edited:
You guys are really baggin' on the C4 but in 1990 a C4 team broke several long held records:

At the 24-hour mark the team was ecstatic with job. They had not only shattered a 50-year speed record, they accomplished their goal with a slightly modified production automobile – Ab Jenkins’ car was a purpose-build racecar with 750-horsepower, the ZR-1 had around 400-410-horsepower. And the sauce for the goose was that Ford, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi couldn’t do what the ZR-1 Corvette team did. Since all was well with the ZR-1 and the team was pumped, they decided to go for more – the 5000-mile record was in sight! The ZR-1 completed 5000 miles in 28-hours, 46-minutes, and 12.426-seconds.

The entire effort was about breaking a long-standing speed, endurance, and distance records. At the end of the experience, the team racked up the following records;
5000 Kilometers at 175.710-mph
24-Hours at 175.885-mph
5000 Miles at 173.791-mph

Pretty fabulous stuff...http://www.corvettereport.com/morrison-1990-zr-1-speed-record-aver-24-hour-174-885-mph/

Yep. You've got to give the C4 its due. Yes, the styling was a little bland moving from the C3, but good cars.

All generations have good qualities, but for me I think the C5 has the best value for looks, power, and performance (followed closely by early C6’s). A solid Z06 can be found for under $20K and can hold its own with a lot of European cars that cost twice as much.

All generations have good qualities, but for me I think the C5 has the best value for looks, power, and performance (followed closely by early C6’s). A solid Z06 can be found for under $20K and can hold its own with a lot of European cars that cost twice as much.

in terms of performance, the Corvette has always represented a great value.

GET TICKETS

Back