• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TE Thomas Fidone Announcement On 26 August Update: Named USA Today All America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not gone like the pundits predicted but either way, SF is here to stay. I seriously doubt NU is willing to take another beating on the coaching payroll money train. If he goes 7-5 this year they're will still be people saying he's on the hot seat. I just don't see the admin going that route this time.

Its not gone like the pundits predicted but either way, SF is here to stay. I seriously doubt NU is willing to take another beating on the coaching payroll money train. If he goes 7-5 this year they're will still be people saying he's on the hot seat. I just don't see the admin going that route this time.
That's one thing we can sell recruits in a time of tremendous uncertainty nationwide: This coaching staff won't be going anywhere for several years even with mediocre results. That's me grasping at something I suppose.

Dude, to suggest a coach’s future rests on landing any player, much less a TE is just inappropriate panic in my opinion. You might want to ease up reading the recruitnik sites and comments who seem to enjoy pressing that button on a regular basis.

If there is one thing to keep in mind with this staff, I don’t think they have the ‘mole’ whispering info like former staffs may have. The notion that they are somehow in disarray is pure speculation, and having spoken to a few folks who have seen some of their Recruiting practices, I think their communication, especially with local programs and attention detail, is helping them to find underrated players.

Rest easy, our talent has improved vastly over the last couple of years, both on the staff and in the locker room.

it’s not about one tight end. It’s about the last two years of on field performance, losing in-state recruits, losing guys who were once interested, and are now choosing schools like Minnesota and Iowa State over us. If that’s not enough to feel you’re testicles rise to your stomach, think about the level of talent Pelini brought in. It’s not much different from today. Bottom line, when the dust settles, you either win games, or you join/follow teams like Kansas State, where winning football games and being a powerhouse gets a backseat to mediocrity. That is the real world. So yes, i am concerned.

Last edited:

Would agree here, there is no reason to fire him, even if he has a few more years of sub-par seasons. I said at the beginning of his hire he should have 5-7 years to turn the program around. I stand by that. I was just merely expressing my disheartened feeling of these past two years.

Would agree here, there is no reason to fire him, even if he has a few more years of sub-par seasons. I said at the beginning of his hire he should have 5-7 years to turn the program around. I stand by that. I was just merely expressing my disheartened feeling of these past two years.
Past 2 years? How about the past 15 years? That's a real long to time to be so average.

@Red Reign, since the timestamp on this post says "Yesterday at 8:32 PM" can we get an update on what was said? Or is it a case of the timestamp being wayyyyyyy off and the interview hasn't happened yet? Thanks!

It days 12:31 PM June 4 which is today

Should be on in a hour or so

Also should be a podcast after of the interview

Last edited:

Here you go from an hour or so ago

Thanks! My time stamp is way off then as your 1st reply to me said today at 1230. Thanks again! HMMMMMM, clicked on link and it says "Track not found. Maybe it has been removed."

EDIT: Found it another way. Let's see what Thomas has to say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back