• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care where Ziggy ranks in Husker history, but he was better than what we had last year. Mills may get to that level but hasn't yet. Morgan was good but too many drops for my taste. The NFL issue is irrelevant. Both were not all time greats but both were missed last year.

LOL - He was a freshman all-american and has been an all-conference performer every year here. "Would he start on a top 5 team?" I don't know, but for all the complaints that we can't get the talent that Ohio State has, when a kid goes off for 200+ yards receiving against them as a freshman, he ain't overrated.

What an atrocious take.
It’s okay buddy. He is really good.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he is just tired of the game. That does happen. Maybe he is feeling the effects of concussions and has just decided he no longer loves the game he once did. If he did not like the coaching then why stay 2 years under it? He could have left after year 1.
It's not a maybe or maybe not. I'm not being critical of our coaches but in this case.....my contact has it directly from JD.

It's not a maybe or maybe not. I'm not being critical of our coaches but in this case.....my contact has it directly from JD.
Yea but that coach is gone now. Whether he stays or goes he will have a new coach, difference is if he stays he will more than likely leave as statistically the best WR to ever play at DONU.

Last edited:
And that’s what I’ve been trying to relay in an indirect way that some of these transfers are not on “Riley culture” and we should try to keep them. Again, go watch those clips I have of JD at the beginning of 2018 and all 2017, something massively changed.

Fair enough. I know where your business is so I fully believe you have a source. When most say "I have a source" I call BS. Your business is near the stadium and the kind where folks might give you some scoop.

You talking about what others have said in this 15 pages, then claiming I was the one that said it is an interesting tactic.

Devine Ozigbo was voted an all-conference performer by the coaches and the media in 2018. No issue using him as someone we wish we would have had another year with. Is that what you are disagreeing with? Because that was my point. Arguing anything else is you moving the goalposts.
Goal Post Moving GIF - GoalPost Moving - Discover & Share GIFs

Your original response to refute the post of JD being "good but not great" is below. So, you were either stating something not related to the post you responded to, or you were attempting to use SM and DO as similar examples of undrafted players who were on par with JD (not merely good, but great) who by your comparison was "Freshman All-American with three straight years of all-conference accolades". I guess if you want to call twice 3rd team all-conference and an honorable mention selection equal to Calvin Johnson who was a two-time All-American and three time FIRST team all conference, well, OK.

You can put the cool little GIF in as many times as you want, but you are the one who bounces around when trying to refute a simple statement. (good but not great)

Here, i'll help you out with the original post and the post it answered.
Frosty1980 said:
No I really believe it. I think he’s good not great. I believe he’s had very little help. He’s had to start for three years because we had nothing.
Ya, those Freshman All-Americans with three years straight of all-conference accolades that just luck into talent-depleted teams so they would end up the #1 WR of all time at their school are the worst. Calvin Johnson at Georgia Tech really lucked into playing for a running squad with a talentless WR room.

His draft stock means nothing to me. Stanley Morgan and Devine Ozigbo didn't get drafted and we would have killed to have them in 2019.

And that’s what I’ve been trying to relay in an indirect way that some of these transfers are not on “Riley culture” and we should try to keep them. Again, go watch those clips I have of JD at the beginning of 2018 and all 2017, something massively changed.
He lost interest in football? Is Frost harder on the guys and they have no fun? He didn’t seem all interested some last year. If your heart is not in is not good.

Your original response to refute the post of JD being "good but not great" is below. So, you were either stating something not related to the post you responded to, or you were attempting to use SM and DO as similar examples of undrafted players who were on par with JD (not merely good, but great) who by your comparison was "Freshman All-American with three straight years of all-conference accolades". I guess if you want to call twice 3rd team all-conference and an honorable mention selection equal to Calvin Johnson who was a two-time All-American and three time FIRST team all conference, well, OK.

You can put the cool little GIF in as many times as you want, but you are the one who bounces around when trying to refute a simple statement. (good but not great)

Ya, those Freshman All-Americans with three years straight of all-conference accolades that just luck into talent-depleted teams so they would end up the #1 WR of all time at their school are the worst. Calvin Johnson at Georgia Tech really lucked into playing for a running squad with a talentless WR room.

His draft stock means nothing to me. Stanley Morgan and Devine Ozigbo didn't get drafted and we would have killed to have them in 2019.
Man, you completely missed his point. You should probably stop digging now.

I have absolutely no idea what perceived argument you are trying to win, but it ain't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back