• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Huskers land (Grad Transfer) WR Levi Falck from the University of South Dakota

Evaluation a WR prospect from USD is similar to trying to figure out a RB or QB from Crofton is any good after watching them have a decent game against Hebron in a first round C-2 playoff game.

Yes, I just compared USD to Crofton/Hebron. Deal with it, Pheasant Peasants :Biggrin::Banana::Banana:

Evaluation a WR prospect from USD is similar to trying to figure out a RB or QB from Crofton is any good after watching them have a decent game against Hebron in a first round C-2 playoff game.

Yes, I just compared USD to Crofton/Hebron. Deal with it, Pheasant Peasants :Biggrin::Banana::Banana:

Ball Coach who is a USD grad is coming after you....

Ball Coach who is a USD grad is coming after you....

My grandfather drove sheep across the frozen Missouri river to sell in Vermillion. I wear a T-shirt from Mexico Viejo regularly. I mourn the closing the the Cherry Street Grill. All that being said, all the best country is on the south side of the river from Sioux City to Pickstown.

Ball Coach can write as many paragraphs as he wants as a response and they will fall on deaf ears/blind eyes. My regional biases will not be thwarted! For all the obvious reasons!

Thats a pretty big leap. The kid has shown prior to last year that he is a baller. He will also be a senior. A lot of our WR are pretty young.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. If we are going to continue to play sub-.500 football then I suppose it doesn’t really matter if this kid beats out our younger scholarship WRs. Nance and Houston have been in the program a year now. Brown, Betts, and Flemming are all pretty well thought of recruits coming in. If Falck is beating out the majority of them for snaps, I think it is problematic and says something about this staff’s talent evaluation skills. Are we trying to maintain status quo or are we trying to compete for conference championships?

Again though, this is just my opinion. We have no idea how that WR room will shake out and I am just making an observation. Either way, I think it’s a good pickup.

I would agree but his best game was against a P5 team. Also the MVC is by far the cream of the crop of FCS. NDSU, SDSU,

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. If we are going to continue to play sub-.500 football then I suppose it doesn’t really matter if this kid beats out our younger scholarship WRs. Nance and Houston have been in the program a year now. Brown, Betts, and Flemming are all pretty well thought of recruits coming in. If Falck is beating out the majority of them for snaps, I think it is problematic and says something about this staff’s talent evaluation skills. Are we trying to maintain status quo or are we trying to compete for conference championships?

Again though, this is just my opinion. We have no idea how that WR room will shake out and I am just making an observation. Either way, I think it’s a good pickup.
See my post above as well as a second example. I think we do not really know how good he could be. He played on an average team and looking at his highlights it appears the guy throwing to him is average at best.

As for my second example. In HS I played against a guy named Shane Swanson. In 1981 there was no more recruited player out of NE than Shane. He was a great athlete. Accepted a scholarship to play at NE after turning down multiple offers from other P% level schools. He was expected to start at either WB or RB once he got to NE. Now let me ask you. Have you not heard of Shane swanson because he was not that great of a talent and TO was not a great talent evaluator? or... Did you not hear of Shane because he had the bad luck of not being good enough to beat out Mike Rozier or Irving Fyar. For the record I heard Sahne went on to be a pro rodeo guy.

Just a crazy thought here. Along with his receiving skills, would he be part of the special teams upgrade?

See my post above as well as a second example. I think we do not really know how good he could be. He played on an average team and looking at his highlights it appears the guy throwing to him is average at best.

As for my second example. In HS I played against a guy named Shane Swanson. In 1981 there was no more recruited player out of NE than Shane. He was a great athlete. Accepted a scholarship to play at NE after turning down multiple offers from other P% level schools. He was expected to start at either WB or RB once he got to NE. Now let me ask you. Have you not heard of Shane swanson because he was not that great of a talent and TO was not a great talent evaluator? or... Did you not hear of Shane because he had the bad luck of not being good enough to beat out Mike Rozier or Irving Fyar. For the record I heard Sahne went on to be a pro rodeo guy.

Or maybe I remember Shane Swanson quite well and you didn't use a very good example. :)

By the way, he played in the NFL as a sub player during the strike and I am pretty sure he held a Broncos record for a while.

Or maybe I remember Shane Swanson quite well and you didn't use a very good example. :)

By the way, he played in the NFL as a sub player during the strike and I am pretty sure he held a Broncos record for a while.
Actually I did know he played in the strike year. Curious why you remember Shane. Most Husker fans I talk to him about have no idea.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back