• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Break your keyboard. You are looking silly.
No really I’m not. Tell me the games JD made a huge play to win the game. Do you think he was a first day draft pick? Because the NFL experts don’t think so. And he sucked at punt returns. More punts fair caught inside the ten yard line than anyone I’ve ever watched.

LOL - so by your logic every single WR in Nebraska history is overrated due to playing at Nebraska?

Not a difference maker? Had 200 receiving yards against Ohio State as a freshman. I mean.... come on.

I believe he would be the top WR at Minnesota.

Crappy punt returner but top 25 kickoff returner as a freshman? I don't really care about his return abilities but let's not act like it matters for what we are discussing right now.

Don't really care if you think he is overrated, he's our best WR that would have been returning. Saying he's overrated when all he has to do is play in one game next year and he breaks Kenny Bell's records (a guy you say he is no better than) is an awful take. And I feel like you are just bored with no sports on trying to get attention, because no one can honestly think what you are typing right now.
No I really believe it. I think he’s good not great. I believe he’s had very little help. He’s had to start for three years because we had nothing.

Which means Irving Fryer was overrated too......not
No it doesn’t, because Fryer played in a different offense in a different era. Fryer would break all those records if he played today. Should I bring up every husker player you say is great as a recruit but they don’t even play. Remember how you talked about Greene last year? He’s going to be a day one starter go in the draft firs day. Dude didn’t even play. The fact you compare JD to Fryer is hilarious.

I just rewatched the Illinois game from last year and JD took some absolutely BRUTAL shots. Tons of them too. Guy kept sacrificing his body to grind out a win. I'll always have a lot of respect for JD regardless of whether he returns or not.
I have said and will say again he’s tough as nails. I just don’t think he’s great.

He’s overrated by huskier fans. I would say this even if he had stayed. I bet he would have been a very late draft pick or not drafted at all. I’m not trying to be negative but I was never impressed. He wouldn’t be a number one receiver at most BIG schools.
Overrated compared to who? And I'm not talking about the fat people.

Not one person has actually answered what games he’s changed or where he would be on any other team. It’s just a bunch of you saying I’m wrong.

Overrated compared to who? And I'm not talking about the fat people.
As compared to other top receivers in college football. Clemson has three or four better. So does Ohio St, Alabama, LSU, Michigan, and a Tom of other schools. I doubt he’s in the top twenty last season

No it doesn’t, because Fryer played in a different offense in a different era. Fryer would break all those records if he played today. Should I bring up every husker player you say is great as a recruit but they don’t even play. Remember how you talked about Greene last year? He’s going to be a day one starter go in the draft firs day. Dude didn’t even play. The fact you compare JD to Fryer is hilarious.

Just using your words

My advice is quit while you are ahead

You guys giving me a hard time because I don’t think he’s the GOAT of receivers at Nebraska.
I don't think that is necessarily it ... if/when he comes back - he will immediately step in as a starter/contributor. He is not a prototypical 1st round pick - not big enough nor is he is fast enough. But he is a draft-able WR. By all accounts he has been a good teammate and a good citizen.

He's suffered through some brutal seasons and a coaching change ... including several position coaches.

NU will be better with JD as part of this team and will be worse off without him. If he chooses not to come back - he will be missed and many of us (including SF) will wish him well for his contributions. Once a Husker always a Husker!

No I really believe it. I think he’s good not great. I believe he’s had very little help. He’s had to start for three years because we had nothing.
Ya, those Freshman All-Americans with three years straight of all-conference accolades that just luck into talent-depleted teams so they would end up the #1 WR of all time at their school are the worst. Calvin Johnson at Georgia Tech really lucked into playing for a running squad with a talentless WR room.

His draft stock means nothing to me. Stanley Morgan and Devine Ozigbo didn't get drafted and we would have killed to have them in 2019.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back