• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

At a school that has hardly any history of production at WR. He’s a good piece but not a difference maker. Tell me which teams you believe he would be a top receiver at in the BIG 10? He was a horrible punt returner. I would bet Westerkamp had more game saving receptions. I like the kid I just don’t believe he’s any better than guys like Kenny Bell. We haven’t had a true elite receiver in twenty years.
LOL - so by your logic every single WR in Nebraska history is overrated due to playing at Nebraska?

Not a difference maker? Had 200 receiving yards against Ohio State as a freshman. I mean.... come on.

I believe he would be the top WR at Minnesota.

Crappy punt returner but top 25 kickoff returner as a freshman? I don't really care about his return abilities but let's not act like it matters for what we are discussing right now.

Don't really care if you think he is overrated, he's our best WR that would have been returning. Saying he's overrated when all he has to do is play in one game next year and he breaks Kenny Bell's records (a guy you say he is no better than) is an awful take. And I feel like you are just bored with no sports on trying to get attention, because no one can honestly think what you are typing right now.

At a school that has hardly any history of production at WR. He’s a good piece but not a difference maker. Tell me which teams you believe he would be a top receiver at in the BIG 10? He was a horrible punt returner. I would bet Westerkamp had more game saving receptions. I like the kid I just don’t believe he’s any better than guys like Kenny Bell. We haven’t had a true elite receiver in twenty years.
Break your keyboard. You are looking silly.

And I feel like you are just bored with no sports on trying to get attention, because no one can honestly think what you are typing right now.

He’s probably drunk on Lysol.

Back to reality... if JD is not physically or mentally well and wants to hang it up or wait for the draft, that’s understandable. If he leaves the program to play at another school when he’s on the brink of setting the all time record, he’s dead to me. If he’s well, he should be focused on leading this group of young wide receivers. Period.

He’s probably drunk on Lysol.

Back to reality... if JD is not physically or mentally well and wants to hang it up or wait for the draft, that’s understandable. If he leaves the program to play at another school when he’s on the brink of setting the all time record, he’s dead to me. If he’s well, he should be focused on leading this group of young wide receivers. Period.
Completely fine with that take. Just don't tell me he's overrated.

LOL - so by your logic every single WR in Nebraska history is overrated due to playing at Nebraska?

Not a difference maker? Had 200 receiving yards against Ohio State as a freshman. I mean.... come on.

I believe he would be the top WR at Minnesota.

Crappy punt returner but top 25 kickoff returner as a freshman? I don't really care about his return abilities but let's not act like it matters for what we are discussing right now.

Don't really care if you think he is overrated, he's our best WR that would have been returning. Saying he's overrated when all he has to do is play in one game next year and he breaks Kenny Bell's records (a guy you say he is no better than) is an awful take. And I feel like you are just bored with no sports on trying to get attention, because no one can honestly think what you are typing right now.

Underrated or not, i don't think he is better than Rashad Bateman.

He left under some unusual circumstance. Frost’s explanation didn’t cut it with me. There is more to this story than we are privileged to know. I have always doubted that he would ever return.

He’s overrated by huskier fans. I would say this even if he had stayed. I bet he would have been a very late draft pick or not drafted at all. I’m not trying to be negative but I was never impressed. He wouldn’t be a number one receiver at most BIG schools.

He’s a stud.

Granted he’s somewhat limited due to his height/size, but overrated isn’t the word that comes to mind with JD.

Which means Irving Fryer was overrated too......not
JD wasn't overrated. I'd go so far as to say he didn't have a chance to reach his full potential. If our QBs had time to set up in the pocket, let plays develop and deliver an accurate pass his numbers would be even more impressive. Too many rushed plays and inaccurate passes were getting JD killed out there.

JD wasn't overrated. I'd go so far as to say he didn't have a chance to reach his full potential. If our QBs had time to set up in the pocket, let plays develop and deliver an accurate pass his numbers would be even more impressive. Too many rushed plays and inaccurate passes were getting JD killed out there.

Agree

I just rewatched the Illinois game from last year and JD took some absolutely BRUTAL shots. Tons of them too. Guy kept sacrificing his body to grind out a win. I'll always have a lot of respect for JD regardless of whether he returns or not.

If he has his school work done, he can go where ever he likes. If that's his choice, his legacy at Nebraska will not be one most have a great deal of respect for.

I could be wrong but I heard he had not graduated from NU yet so he'd have to be granted a waiver to play immediately anywhere. Redshirt was already used so I don't think he can sit out a year without exhausting eligibility. Not sure if I'm right though. I'm betting if he doesn't return to NU he doesn't go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back