• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dead to Me - Netflix

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Here I sit, broken hearted...
5 Year Member
Anyone else watch this show? Season 1 was 2019, and Season 2 came out last week (I think). Drastic differences between the two seasons. Spoiler free, the first season was dark, yet funny and pretty entertaining. Jenn (Christina Applegate) was bitchy and mouthy, and had an over the top rage which was really funny. Judy (Linda Cardellini :Drool:) was delightful, lovable, and damaged. Both of them made a decent show.

Season two was little more than an R-rated Hallmark Channel movie. It was really dull, nothing too exciting, and the humor was almost completely scrubbed from the show. Very disappointing.

Anyone else see this, or get this vibe?

In case you don't know who Linda C is...
1589819633934.png

MV5BMTAzMWU3MjktNTQ1Ni00ZDdlLThiNTgtNTQ3ZmE3YWU2Yjg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODg1MTc3MTM@._V1_.jpg

Agree with your assessment. Wife liked it allot, but then again, it leans more towards the ladies on plots etc... 2nd season not quite as funny.
It does have an "Ozark" feel to it, but by no means as good as Ozark.

Ozark is pretty damn good, and it gets better and better. Dead to Me started off strong, but season 2 didn't have the darkness because it didn't have the comedy to contrast against the plot. If there was some smart comedy in there, then the other plot stuff would have been better. I think there were attempts at humor, i.e. freezer, chemicals, etc, but they didn't land as funny, only as kind of serious. I only laughed two or three times during the whole season, which isn't good for a dark comedy. I need to be chuckling uncomfortably pretty often, and laugh out loud at a few things for those to work.

Dead to Me Season 1 was like that. Season 2 was just a TLC show with swear words. Nothing worth watching.

Last edited:

You don't like anything if you don't bring it up first. You're such a rebel.
Not true. But I did try to watch it, I just couldn't get through it. I did watch the whole first season of The Wire last week on Prime and thought it was really good. Watched like the first 2 episodes of the second season and then suddenly to finish the season, it was $2.99 per episode. I couldn't believe it. Contacted Amazon and was told since it was an HBO show, I'd either have to join HBO(no desire for that) or pay the money per episode, not interested in that either. SHESSH!!!

Anyone else watch this show? Season 1 was 2019, and Season 2 came out last week (I think). Drastic differences between the two seasons. Spoiler free, the first season was dark, yet funny and pretty entertaining. Jenn (Christina Applegate) was bitchy and mouthy, and had an over the top rage which was really funny. Judy (Linda Cardellini :Drool:) was delightful, lovable, and damaged. Both of them made a decent show.

Season two was little more than an R-rated Hallmark Channel movie. It was really dull, nothing too exciting, and the humor was almost completely scrubbed from the show. Very disappointing.

Anyone else see this, or get this vibe?
This is disappointing. The wife and I really liked the first season. Haven't watched the second yet. Applegate doesn't really have much range, but she plays that bitchy, mouthy lady well.

As far as Ozarks goes, I have only watched the first season. The wife was kinda meh on it. She usually doesn't like shows like that, she thinks they are too far fetched. With that being said, we have watched all of Good Girls which is a pretty far fetched show and she really likes that.

I think my wife just likes shows with more women as central characters.

This is disappointing. The wife and I really liked the first season. Haven't watched the second yet. Applegate doesn't really have much range, but she plays that bitchy, mouthy lady well.

As far as Ozarks goes, I have only watched the first season. The wife was kinda meh on it. She usually doesn't like shows like that, she thinks they are too far fetched. With that being said, we have watched all of Good Girls which is a pretty far fetched show and she really likes that.

I think my wife just likes shows with more women as central characters.
Oh, she's gonna love season 2. It is straight out of TLC, but with more swearing. No bite at all, and really pushing man-hatred and lesbianism.

Oh, she's gonna love season 2. It is straight out of TLC, but with more swearing. No bite at all, and really pushing man-hatred and lesbianism.

I am not saying she likes to watch movie of the week stuff on Hallmark. I am just saying she likes more women characters and just isn't into all the violence.

The truth of the matter is she really doesn't watch a lot of TV. Her favorite show on Netflix right now is Atypical about an autistic kid. Our middle son is high functioning autistic so she can relate to it. It is realistic on some things but rather stereotypical on the other end IMO. It portrays this kid as very intelligent, but having autism. Most kids that are on the spectrum usually aren't that intelligent. I know my son is not. If he was as intelligent as this kid is he would be able to function quite well in the world.

Last edited:

Plunge a few test trial episodes. Women thing. Surprisingly, Christina Applegate is a top notched role. Excellent actress. After Married with Children, I only watched one film, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back