• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Quarantine Hobbies

bugeater61

Kill All Humans
20 Year Member
With a little to much time on our hands the wife and I decided to do a bit of urban farming and raise some chickens. So a couple of weeks ago we bought four chicks. It is quite difficult to get them as it seems a lot of other people decided it was a good time to raise chickens as well.
F925D40F-0DFC-4AA0-A2F2-373E29C0A506.jpeg

The chicks needed a house so we are building a coop. It turned out to be a bigger project than anticipated.
59D3F6CF-60E6-4E92-83DB-675569154DA8.jpeg

Almost finished, just needs paint
A528F394-41E9-48D7-99DE-FCF2EC4A0503.jpeg

Two weeks, the chicks are growing rapidly
BD87EEE2-E9D4-4465-9A3D-6E984BB26C3C.jpeg

Last edited:
Eventually, they'll make both a good chicken noodle soup and some crispy fried chicken too. :thumbsup:

With a little to much time on our hands the wife and I decided to do a bit of urban farming and raise some chickens. So a couple of weeks ago we bought four chicks. It is quite difficult to get them as it seems a lot of other people decided it was a good time to raise chickens as well. View attachment 43520

The chicks needed a house so we are building a coop. It turned out to be a bigger project than anticipated.
View attachment 43523

Almost finished, just needs paint
View attachment 43527

Two weeks, the chicks are growing rapidly
View attachment 43528
We have 12 chickens just raised 6 more and all layers. Have enough eggs for when people start searching for food... here have a dozen

We have 12 chickens just raised 6 more and all layers. Have enough eggs for when people start searching for food... here have a dozen
Pops, what do you do for your chickens when the temps get really high? I worry that when we get into July and August that we will have problems.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back