• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AM is good

AM will always be THE MAN! I like his patience and his calm presence. When he speaks to the media, he "measures" his words and never trash-talks anyone and takes full responsibility for his part in, unfortunately, too many losses/debacles. He KNOWS where Coach Frost, the other coaches and where the team/the fans want to go so badly. I will be happy IF we get to a bowl game this year--it's a must for NU'S credibility on the, "larger stage."

AM will always be THE MAN! I like his patience and his calm presence. When he speaks to the media, he "measures" his words and never trash-talks anyone and takes full responsibility for his part in, unfortunately, too many losses/debacles. He KNOWS where Coach Frost, the other coaches and where the team/the fans want to go so badly. I will be happy IF we get to a bowl game this year--it's a must for NU'S credibility on the, "larger stage."
Agreed!

If our run game is that strong, then Martinez will have a lot of open space in the passing game.

But all of this is a lot of Ifs. Running the ball that well is difficult and we definitely need to see it to believe, I think. There are reasons to hope for that level of success, but so much is a big if
Especially with our offensive line recruiting. Some big bodied guys who can flat out get it done in the rushing game. Just need to develop them like Wisconsin does and we can do it too. We've got the speed, just need the blocking and the timing

He played 3 years, literally 2/3 of his stats are from Nebraska. He didn't miss any xp at USC and made 4 out of every 5 fg's. Alex Henery was 4.5/5

Kid was fine. Is 80% better than 60%? Because that's what we just suffered through last season.

Half or more of the threads lately dissolve into a conversation about whether or not AM is good or should be benched. And I trying to follow the logic.

This seems to be the evidence:

1. Our OL didn't start the year very strong. Center snaps were an issue (but improved). Some rotation on the line helped during the year, but no one could say OL was a strength from game one.
2. Our WR never seemed to get going. huge class of WR brought in.
3. Our fastest RB was dismissed half way through the year. The RB we are all excited about for next year didn't bust onto the scene until the last game or two.
4. Our Offensive Coordinator parted ways. Something was off with planning/play calling/execution all year. Major changes made to the offensive coaching staff and how they are assigned, including Austin to run game coordinator.
5. TE production was down.
6. Super low scoring in the red zone.

The entire offense was off all year long.

So why is the conclusion to hang it all on the quarterback who was injured all year long? Problems everywhere and I keep reading that peoples' guts are saying that the back-up to the back-up will start and AM got special treatment for being the chosen one and the rest of it?

AM is a stud. LM is too, based on the ways we used him and heard talk about him in limited samples.

We have to fix the whole offense and then our quarterback is going to look like all of the quarterbacks that Frost helped mold. We are lucky to have AM and the other quarterbacks we have. I hope he is the starter and I don't see any reason to question his ability. If it isn't him, then we know the person they choose has so much talent and is deserving, as well. Unless you know something I don't know.
I agree AM was given the rap for all the offensive woes. I would add being injured did not help him. All of a sudden he was the villian.

Why he succeeded more as a Freshman was a more simplified playbook, think we tried to open it up more( like Frost did with Milton and saw how that went, but also think that the lack of a true competition let him go on cruise control, and his injuries didn’t help him either.)

AM is going to have no excuses. Should have a decent line, good TE's, a couple of good backs, Wandale and some good potential at receiver as well as getting Warner, his safety blanket, back. IF he struggles, give him the hook!

Why he succeeded more as a Freshman was a more simplified playbook, think we tried to open it up more( like Frost did with Milton and saw how that went, but also think that the lack of a true competition let him go on cruise control, and his injuries didn’t help him either.)
I really do think that center played into this. Virtually every play he had to jump up to catch the ball. That throws the timing off every time it happens by a second. That is huge. consider that on average a QB has 3-5 seconds to get rid of the ball. That means he is losing 33% to 20% of the time he has to get rid of the ball. Add to that the fact that the QB then has to readjust his view downfield and may lose even another 1/2 second or so. So up to 1/2 the time a QB has is used up dealing with the bad snap.

AM will be playing for, "all the marbles," this year! He KNOWS that he could go pro after this year. He wants to also be in the HEISMAN CONVERSATION this year! I hope McCaffrey throws AM a 50-yard plus pass that AM catches in the end zone with 30 seconds to go, behind by 3, at tOSU game and WE WIN! ANY TAKERS???????????

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back