• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

POLL 2: Will there be a 2020 college football season? Poll ends 4/12

What's your prediction on college football in the fall of 2020?

• No college football at all

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • College football with schedule as usual

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Condensed schedule, football as usual

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Schedule as usual, no fans

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Condensed schedule, no fans

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
This is the 2nd poll. Just monitoring opinions on the scenarios for college football 2020 as the Covid virus progresses.

Last edited:

BY THEN, THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH SUPPLIES OF Z-PACK AND HYDROCHLOROQUINE FOR MD'S/APRN'S/PA'S TO DISTRIBUTE THOSE MEDS. TO ADULTS WHO ARE PASSING THRU THE GATES. KIDS UNDER 18 CANNOT COME TO THE GAMES.

I do not see this virus issue disappearing over the summer. What I understand, is that it (the protein) mutates and can be a totally different virus in a short period of time so that whatever safeguards and treatments are currently available now, may not work as the virus mutates in the future. Also, no one knows for certain how it started or where the virus originated from. Speculation is China, but that has not been proven as fact. Consequently, even if we get a handle on the current wave of this pandemic, it could start all over again until the source is eliminated. Frankly, I don't see how we get ahead of this thing. Three things are essential from my point of view. 1) Make testing mandatory for everyone. 2) Identify and isolate those with positive results. 3) Develop a vaccine to prevent or a drug to cure the virus.

Last edited:
BY THEN, THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH SUPPLIES OF Z-PACK AND HYDROCHLOROQUINE FOR MD'S/APRN'S/PA'S TO DISTRIBUTE THOSE MEDS. TO ADULTS WHO ARE PASSING THRU THE GATES. KIDS UNDER 18 CANNOT COME TO THE GAMES.

We don't yet know whether those are effective. Lots of "treatments" backed by anecdotes turn out to be ineffective BS.

TALK TO A LOT OF MILITARY PERSONNEL WHO HAD THE, "ITCH" AND WHOSE LIVES WERE SAVED BY DRUGS WHOSE EFFECTIVENESS WAS INITIALLY RATED AS HAVING, "ONLY ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE." THEIR SPOUSES AND FAMILIES WERE GRATEFUL TO THE MILITARY FOR GIVING THEIR LOVED ONES, "A RIGHT TO 'TRY'!"

A season without fans is not a season worth playing. Better to just wait until next year, as much as that pains me to say.

My vote: Condensed schedule, no fans. Like October 15th start.

And all players for every condense games, re-test COVID-19 results. Probably at least half of NU roster will receive positive tests. Could be 8-man football. Or 6-man.

Last edited:

TALK TO A LOT OF MILITARY PERSONNEL WHO HAD THE, "ITCH" AND WHOSE LIVES WERE SAVED BY DRUGS WHOSE EFFECTIVENESS WAS INITIALLY RATED AS HAVING, "ONLY ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE." THEIR SPOUSES AND FAMILIES WERE GRATEFUL TO THE MILITARY FOR GIVING THEIR LOVED ONES, "A RIGHT TO 'TRY'!"
IN MY BOOK, HAVING A "RIGHT..." IS THE "RIGHT THING" TO DO!
IT IS NOT EITHER OR, IT IS, "BOTH, AND!"
Do the All-Caps replies help to ward off the coronavirus? Or are you just shouting?
:Confused:

GET TICKETS

Back