• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chrome font problem

berryhusker

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
The issue I'm having deals with using Chrome on an extended screen. I have a 32" dell monitor that I purchased a few months ago and use it in my 'studio' for creating electronic music. The text displayed in Chrome is very light and grainy. When I drag the window to my laptop the resolution is much clearer and darker. This doesn't happen with other apps like Spotify which show clearly. I've searched for hours trying to find a solution in Windows (I have 10- 64) and within Chrome settings but nothing seems to help. The issue happens on websites like HM but also includes the Chrome icons and text in the address bar. I'm perplexed! Can anyone please help??!!

What operating system? (Windows 10)Right mouse click my computer and select properties. Select advanced system settings tab and click on the advanced tab. Click on settings under performance. Under visual effects make sure "smooth edges of screen fonts" is checked.

What operating system? (Windows 10)Right mouse click my computer and select properties. Select advanced system settings tab and click on the advanced tab. Click on settings under performance. Under visual effects make sure "smooth edges of screen fonts" is checked.
Thanks for the reply. I do have Win 10 and that setting was checked. I'm usually pretty good with troubleshooting but this has me completely baffled. Chrome looks fine on my laptop even as I type here from work, but once I drag the browser window to the other screen the text gets much lighter and fuzzier.

You have a dual monitor setup? Swap monitors and see if the problem stays or moves.
I have noticed that the issue isn't just with Chrome as I thought. It is when any windows resize when dragged to the larger monitor. If I partly drag the window the resolution is fine but then when it automatically resizes then it is fuzzy and/or lighter. It has to be display settings but I've played around so much and still can't figure it out. grrrr

So do you have 2 different sized monitors? Are they set to different screen resolutions and speeds?

So do you have 2 different sized monitors? Are they set to different screen resolutions and speeds?
Yes, one is my laptop as the main screen and the other is a 32" Dell that is wall mounted. Even when I switch to having the 32" as my main screen the text resolution is still off.

I have noticed that the issue isn't just with Chrome as I thought. It is when any windows resize when dragged to the larger monitor. If I partly drag the window the resolution is fine but then when it automatically resizes then it is fuzzy and/or lighter. It has to be display settings but I've played around so much and still can't figure it out. grrrr
It's a Windows 10 issue. I've tried all kinds of settings with my work laptop but I still have problems with the display on the 2nd & 3rd monitors. None of the resolution settings clear it up. These are monitors that worked great with my previous laptop. I think it's MS's way of selling new monitors.

And I work for a Fortune 50 company who supposedly has top-notch IT folks, who can't figure it out.

Last edited:

It's a Windows 10 issue. I've tried all kinds of settings with my work laptop but I still have problems with the display on the 2nd & 3rd monitors. None of the resolution settings clear it up. These are monitors that worked great with my previous laptop. I think it's MS's way of selling new monitors.

And I work for a Fortune 50 company who supposedly has top-notch IT folks, who can't figure it out.
I fixed it! I don't even want to know how many hours I spent on this, but finally went into the intel graphics program and adjusted the contrast. That was the issue. After tweaking the brightness and contrast it made a HUGE difference. My laptop is a tad clearer but considering it is half the size, I imagine that would explain the minor difference in resolution. So much better. though.

I fixed it! I don't even want to know how many hours I spent on this, but finally went into the intel graphics program and adjusted the contrast. That was the issue. After tweaking the brightness and contrast it made a HUGE difference. My laptop is a tad clearer but considering it is half the size, I imagine that would explain the minor difference in resolution. So much better. though.
Thanks for the tip! I will have to try.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back