• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Known Alias: How Stephen King Was Outed as Richard Bachman....

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Be Yourself - Everyone Else Is Already Taken
10 Year Member
A bookstore clerk reads through King’s deception, kicking off the final chapter in the story of Richard Bachman.
An interesting read about Stephen Kings pseudonym in the 1980's. It's a short read

Steve Brown was working his shift at Olsson’s Bookstore in Washington, D.C. in the spring of 1985 when he heard his name come over the store intercom. There was a call waiting for him.

When Brown picked up the telephone, he heard a voice ask, “Steve Brown? This is Steve King. Okay, you know I’m Bachman, I know I’m Bachman, what are we going to do about it? Let’s talk.”

A bookstore clerk reads through King’s deception, kicking off the final chapter in the story of Richard Bachman.
An interesting read about Stephen Kings pseudonym in the 1980's. It's a short read

This is the most ironic literary review ever:

“This is what Stephen King would write like if Stephen King could really write,” remarked one reviewer.​

Fwiw, I like Stephen King's stories, but I don't think that he is such a great writer so much as a fantastic storyteller. All of his books feel like they should have been screenplays instead.

This is the most ironic literary review ever:

“This is what Stephen King would write like if Stephen King could really write,” remarked one reviewer.​

Fwiw, I like Stephen King's stories, but I don't think that he is such a great writer so much as a fantastic storyteller. All of his books feel like they should have been screenplays instead.

College English professors and book critics are all failed writers.

I personally am not a huge Stephen King fan. I don't like horror books or movies. My favorite King movies are ones that were not based on his horror books. Stand by Me, Shawshank Redemption, The Running Man, The Green Mile are all good films. I have actually never seen The Shining. Hated Pet Cemetery. I did like The Dead Zone. Have no desire to see It.

College English professors and book critics are all failed writers.

I personally am not a huge Stephen King fan. I don't like horror books or movies. My favorite King movies are ones that were not based on his horror books. Stand by Me, Shawshank Redemption, The Running Man, The Green Mile are all good films. I have actually never seen The Shining. Hated Pet Cemetery. I did like The Dead Zone. Have no desire to see It.
I agree. He's an ingenious storyteller, but he's not a particularly interesting writer as far as style. I prefer his non-horror stories, but I also like the horror stuff that is the least supernatural.

[Edit: I didn't realize that I'd already pretty much said the same thing above.]

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back