• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post your B1G West prediction

Nebraska
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Purdue
Northwestern
Illinois
Iowa
I think the coaches are wrong. I think we have an excellent chance to finish third in the west.
Wisc
Iowa
Mn
Purdue
Neb
Northwestern
Ill
Iowa loses way too many studs/difference makers to be picked as high as many have picked them. Also surprised to see Minny so low on some.

I'd go:
Wisconsin - No reason not to given recent history
Minnesota - Very impressive run last year
Nebraska - If we come in 3rd, that's improvement and I'll be content after 3 losing seasons
Northwestern - I can't see Fitz having another terrible year like last year, too good a coach
Iowa - Loses several close division games without Epenesa and crew
Illinois - Continues to improve, but just doesn't have the horses to make top half of division
Purdue -It was either Illinois or Purdue here for me, could swap them

This was the thread for the 2019 season (last year). I'm sorry, but Nebraska didn't finish as high as some of you are now saying they did. Can't change history! :Biggrin:

Nebraska
Minnesota
Wisky
Iowa
Northwestern
Purdue
Illinois
Is how I would like it to be realistically
Move Nebraska down two spots and leave the rest the same. Not a huge jump but at least we are making progress anything less than that and I will start doubting that we have the right coach.

Regarding Wisconsin, I think a lot of people thought the 2018 was a sign that the Badgers were trending down -- but instead, it was really more of an anomaly. The 2019 season was pretty much what Wisconsin has been for most of this century. So -- I personally tend to always assume that Wisconsin has a legitimate chance to be the best team in the Big Ten West. They have been -- by far -- the most consistently good for the longest period of time. Sure -- Jonathan Taylor was a stud that won't be easily replaced -- but Wisconsin has a long history of plugging in the next superstar RB. Just since Nebraska has been in the Big Ten, the Badgers have had Montee Ball, followed by James White, followed by Corey Clement, followed by Melvin Gordon, followed by Jonathan Taylor. That's just nuts -- so I don't know why I should assume they won't have another star RB. They signed a 4-star RB, Jalen Berger, who will likely have the opportunity to start. The Badgers will have holes to fill on offense -- but defensively, they were young last season and return a bunch of starters.

We'll see, none of Wisconsin's back up RB stood out to me that much. Very serviceable guys, but nothing like any of the guys you have mentioned. I am just going on what I saw from last year. I went to the Whisky/Nebraska game. Their offense got a lot more pedestrian when Taylor wasn't in the game.

When I say taking a step back for Wisconsin I don't mean they are going 6-6. I am saying like 9-3 maybe 8-4.

We'll see, none of Wisconsin's back up RB stood out to me that much. Very serviceable guys, but nothing like any of the guys you have mentioned. I am just going on what I saw from last year. I went to the Whisky/Nebraska game. Their offense got a lot more pedestrian when Taylor wasn't in the game.

When I say taking a step back for Wisconsin I don't mean they are going 6-6. I am saying like 9-3 maybe 8-4.

Yeah, it's possible.

Generally the Big Ten West is still pretty wide open. There isn't a single team I can't say has no chance to win the West. And maybe Purdue is the team to step up this season. Heck, maybe Nebraska. I think Nebraska's schedule is too difficult -- even if they are better this season. I need to analyze the schedules a bit more.

Last edited:

My co-workers always tell me that my most accurate weather forecasts are when I tell them what happened yesterday.

Since this is the 2019 Big Ten West prediction thread, people do have a real opportunity for some quality predictions about last season. Feel good about yourselves. For once. Feel like a winner. Feel like a weatherman.

Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Nebraska - until we prove we can consistently beat the teams ahead of us, we can be no higher than 4th
Purdue
Northwestern
Illinois

Leader: One of Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa
Next Tier: Illinois or Northwestern

I don't see a clear favorite nor a clear bottom feeder. Schedules, plain dumb football luck, and bye weeks probably influence the winner.

WR and depth at RB major concerns. As well as D-line.
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Purdue
Nebraska
Illinois
Northwestern

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back