• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Breaking Bad plot borrowed real world ?

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
Almost for sure.

I just watched Smithsonian channel, Airplane Disasters docuseries, titled "Out of Sight". Mid-air crash, DC-9 and another plane. No survivors. Primary fault, air traffic controller had been distracted and believe it or not, his real name, Walter White! :Eek:

Breaking Bad in S2 E13, mid-air collision. Distraction ...... blamed on Albuquerque controller.

BTW, I had watched the entire BB episodes, three times :Facepalm:(NetFlix)

EDIT: Further info link .......
(wiki source) The episode was written by Vince Gilligan, and directed by Adam Bernstein. It aired on AMC in the United States and Canada on May 31, 2009. The plane crash at the end of the episode was inspired by the 1986 Cerritos mid-air collision. Coincidentally, Walter White, Breaking Bad's protagonist, shares a name with an air traffic controller involved in the Cerritos collision

Last edited:

Almost for sure.

I just watched Smithsonian channel, Airplane Disasters docuseries, titled "Out of Sight". Mid-air crash, DC-9 and another plane. No survivors. Primary fault, air traffic controller had been distracted and believe it or not, his real name, Walter White! :Eek:

Breaking Bad in S2 E13, mid-air collision. Distraction ...... blamed on Albuquerque controller.

BTW, I had watched the entire BB episodes, three times :Facepalm:(NetFlix)

EDIT: Further info link .......
Air traffic controller in Breaking Bad...? Q

1582655071541.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back