• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost Koolaid

Redleg

Scout Team
10 Year Member
With the rough start to the Frost Era, I'm not ready to levy any kind of deity status on him. However, I must admit that with a few quotes, he somehow turned my Sam Adams into Kool-Aid.

With the rough start to the Frost Era, I'm not ready to levy any kind of deity status on him. However, I must admit that with a few quotes, he somehow turned my Sam Adams into Kool-Aid.

I'm remembering similar things Frost said about all those guys who aren't here anymore.

I laughed when Frost was hired and many on this forum were predicting totally outrageous expectations of a 10-2 record the first year and a Conference Championship the second year. I sat in the stands and saw, with my own eyes, what there was on the field, little to no talent along with no depth. And, to be honest, it has not improved much. Maybe at a couple of positions, but not as substancial as it should be. There are giant leaps in recruiting and development that need to be made before there can be any sense of anointing a Lion King. Hopefully, it can only go up from here or Scotty will be kicking rocks down the road, like former head coaches, with a fat pocket full of unearned cash.

Last edited:
I laughed when Frost was hired and many on this forum were predicting totally outrageous expectations of a 10-2 record the first year and a Conference Championship the second year. I sat in the stands and saw, with my own eyes, what there was on the field, little to no talent along with no depth. And, to be honest, it has not improved much. Maybe at a couple of positions, but not as substancial as it should be. There are giant leaps in recruiting and development that need to be made before there can be any sense of anointing a Lion King. Hopefully, it can only go up from here or Scotty will be kicking rocks down the road, like former head coaches, with a fat pocket full of unearned cash.

Mufasa?

I laughed when Frost was hired
If you did do that then indeed you would be in the 1% right category. And so far, you’d be correct. Everyone would say NU has had disappointing results to this point. Frost prolly had a 99% approval rate, upon his hiring. I don’t personally remember anyone on this board suggesting much other course.

As a king and a father, Mufasa is instructive and wise, borne down by years of experience and instruction. His rule over the Pride Lands results in a period of prosperity, reflecting his reasonable and responsible approach to kingship. His lessons leave a deep imprint on Simba, who learns from his father that every creature must be respected in order for balance to be maintained. His wisdom touches through on his understanding of responsibility and his willingness to set aside personal gain in order to better the Pride Lands. Mufasa is ultimately portrayed as an "ideal king"; powerful, yet kind-hearted

As a king and a father, Mufasa is instructive and wise, borne down by years of experience and instruction. His rule over the Pride Lands results in a period of prosperity, reflecting his reasonable and responsible approach to kingship. His lessons leave a deep imprint on Simba, who learns from his father that every creature must be respected in order for balance to be maintained. His wisdom touches through on his understanding of responsibility and his willingness to set aside personal gain in order to better the Pride Lands. Mufasa is ultimately portrayed as an "ideal king"; powerful, yet kind-hearted

It's a cartoon.

Lighten up, Francis.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back