• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

KU Basketbrawl

Thugs doing what thugs do. Looked like a standard issue street fight. Loved the one dude who hoisted a chair to clobber someone. Ahh yes, the ol’ assault with deadly force trick.

Some fine scholarship on display. I know those institutions of academia must be proud.

Last edited:

Only a total of 25 games. 12 for the problem child that picked up the chair. Who picks up a chair anyway when you are standing with your own fans? Class crew you got there Bill. Hang another banner!

Only a total of 25 games. 12 for the problem child that picked up the chair. Who picks up a chair anyway when you are standing with your own fans? Class crew you got there Bill. Hang another banner!
Woah, and wasn't the guy they were standing over and charging already on the ground? Like he actually picked up a chair and was going to slam it on a guy who was already on the ground with a crowd already over him? Geez, these actions deserve some SERIOUS suspensions, not just some superficial punishment. I have a ton of KU friends, including 3 alums and 1 faculty, so I will be curious to hear their take on this.

Unfortunately I have been too busy to listen to the local sports radio in KC so I have missed all the KU chatter. However, I do know that the recent adidas investigation into recruiting violations that led to De Sousa's one year suspension was the first time my KU friends became defensive about how their program operates. One KU buddy went as far to say the Bill Self needed disciplined...o_O

KU basketball is a program out of control. It's beginning to look like Miani football in the Thug U days. The probability Self is still the next year is low with the infractions they/he are facing. Self has taken a defiant stance that is to the long term detriment of KU basketball. You have to wonder how long the KU administration will tolerate this kind of embarrassment. Between the Adidas scandal, Snoop Dog's pole dancers at their opening practice and this fiasco, all coupled with smugness from Self, KU is running out of eyes to be blackened.

Reaction locally (Manhattan) from the fans I know on both sides has been that the brawl was an absolute embarrassment for both schools.

Last edited:

The suspensions are an absolute joke. Only 4 kids suspended? The kids that left the bench to join to fight get a punishment of 1 second at the end of a blowout game. Why would you follow the rules if you are Kansas, the punishment for not doing so is either nothing or a slap on the wrist.

I remember that they had something last year for lack of institutional control. Also the one that is suspended for 12 games was ineligible last year and Kansas won an appeal for him to play this year. It is a joke that more players weren't suspended for leaving the bench area. Bill Self said his players thought the game was over.

This whole thing got me thinking. What if we combined two sports - basketball and ultimate fighting? You would keep the basics of basketball - getting the ball into the basket - but other than that, anything goes. Kick, punch, shove, chairs (like in pro wrestling), tackle, stomp on. It's every man for himself, just get the ball into the basket as best as you can. No more dribbling, just carry it and get there any way you can.

You talk about a spectator sport that would kill the NFL!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back