• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OC Matt Lubick hired!

I think that you have personalized what I've said way too much. I often don't even remember which poster said what, but you were neither the first nor likely the last to talk about the "swing pass" issue, so whether you were sincere or not wasn't really that big of a deal to me. I wouldn't even remember that you had ever been one to use it except that you haven't been able to move on from it ever since I made the post--which wasn't even to you--that generally explained the difference.

If you feel like I'm being condescending, well, those are still your feelings, so you're going to need to deal with them. I am who I am, and I'm not going to change because some guy I've never met on a fan thread got his feelings hurt because I didn't show him his due deference for having been a member on a fan board for 15 years. I don't care about that sort of thing and never will. I do care about football, and I've spent a few decades now helping people to understand it better, whether player, fan, or coach. If you want to take something from that and find value in it, go for it with my blessing. If you want me to change how I write here because of whatever it is that you perceive about your status? No, I don't think so. Choose what you like.

I haven't been able to let go? You're the one who keeps on bringing it up and making the non-specific references to others.

If the above is what you took away from my post, then you really are completely self-centered. My feelings aren't hurt in the least . . . so I'll be me and you can be you and GBR.

I haven't been able to let go? You're the one who keeps on bringing it up and making the non-specific references to others.

If the above is what you took away from my post, then you really are completely self-centered. My feelings aren't hurt in the least . . . so I'll be me and you can be you and GBR.

I haven't been able to let go?
Yes, that's correct. Have I called you out by name, ever? You show up anytime I mention the phrase "swing pass." I honestly can't remember a single post of yours ever before, and I wouldn't have remembered anything related to the swing pass nonsense except that you seem to want to make sure that I know that you're upset that I mentioned it. Now you want to stress that it's not about your feelings? It's just about me being condescending and self-centered and blah, blah, blah--all of which seems like another way to say that your feelings were hurt, but you don't want to admit that because ... ?

Can we just talk about football? I like to talk about football. I'm not nearly so interested in psychoanalyzing other posters.

Last edited:

I'm not so concerned with how long he will want to stay at Nebraska, but rather with how hard he is going to work while he is here. Will he be grinding 24x7x365 like most college football coaches (I know that is an exaggeration, but you know what I mean)? Or will he take every opportunity to get out of Lincoln and be back home in Fort Collins instead of being in his office in Lincoln watching film, talking to the other coaches, being available in person to his players when they have questions, problems or just want to talk, etc.?
Exactly. I will try to hold off on judging him until we see the actual results, but there are some early signs that he may not be “all-in”. Ryan Held? Now THATS a guy who is all-in.

So.....is Coach Lubick going to run the swing pass?

I'm so confused.
Coach Lubick is the coordinator and doesn't have any eligibility left, so if he runs any plays, it will be a 15 yard penalty. I feel like someone should be shouting "your mom is a swing pass" at this point.

Also, we should run the option to the field side, not the short side. Discuss.

So what you're saying is, we're basically going to be unstoppable next year. :Biggrin: I can hear Lubuck now....

“I run 2 plays, Swing pass right. Swing pass left. Like novocaine. Just give it time, it always works.”
Sometimes he also mixes it up with a shovel pass, usually in goal-line situations. It really keeps the defenses honest. Nebraska fans will love it.

Last edited:

Coach Lubick is the coordinator and doesn't have any eligibility left, so if he runs any plays, it will be a 15 yard penalty. I feel like someone should be shouting "your mom is a swing pass" at this point.

Also, we should run the option to the field side, not the short side. Discuss.

Let’s dumb this down

FB trap downs 1-3, punt on 4th down.

We need to upgrade our special teams coach.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back