• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OC Matt Lubick hired!

I like this hire.

Don't know that Lubick has much in the way of longevity, unless a Frost/Lubick pairing is what makes him stay put.

Hopefully he can take the offense to another level and maybe bring some fresh looks. It sure seems opposing defenses have the basics of this offense figured out....especially inside the 20.

Last edited:

I like this hire.

Don't know that Lubick has much in the way of longevity, unless a Frost/Lubick pairing is what makes him stay put.

Hopefully he can take the offense to another level and maybe bring some fresh looks. It sure seems opposing defenses have the basics of this offense figured out....especially inside the 20.
I don't think it's supposed to be a long-term arrangement, and I get the sense that neither side expects that. Frost wants him to come in and help get things back on track and hopefully supercharge the recruiting. I assume that Lubick misses coaching football, and that Frost's offer was too good to refuse ... for now. It would be interesting what would happen if Colorado State were to come calling sometime down the road. I wouldn't mind because that would mean that he's done something good for us to make himself more marketable.

I don't think it's supposed to be a long-term arrangement, and I get the sense that neither side expects that. Frost wants him to come in and help get things back on track and hopefully supercharge the recruiting. I assume that Lubick misses coaching football, and that Frost's offer was too good to refuse ... for now. It would be interesting what would happen if Colorado State were to come calling sometime down the road. I wouldn't mind because that would mean that he's done something good for us to make himself more marketable.

His dad was phenomenal in Ft. Collins and he'd be a great fit. Lets hope it's five years down the road and he's getting kudos for his coaching during a National Championship run.

I'd like to hear more people speculate about how long our brand spanking new coach will be with us in Lincoln.
Well, you came to the right place, didn't you?

On the other hand I'd like to hear more comments from a guy who permanently seems p.o.'d at the world and takes it out with sniper posts on a football fan forum.

It looks like we're made for each other! Do you want to buy me a drink?

Well, you came to the right place, didn't you?

On the other hand I'd like to hear more comments from a guy who permanently seems p.o.'d at the world and takes it out with sniper posts on a football fan forum.

It looks like we're made for each other! Do you want to buy me a drink?

And that would be . . . ?

EDIT: Aw . . . what the heck. Let's just cut to the chase.

Look . . . I’ve gone over this more than once. I posted the below at least 3 times. Feel free to read it or not.

Based on the news of Walters being shown the door, I made a sarcastic, generic comment about shredding the “swing pass” page in the playbook. I’ve been on this board and the prior Huskerpedia for well over 15 years. Most posters understood what that tongue-in-cheek reference was meant as. I’m sorry you didn’t.

You took it literally and decided you needed to provide an extended education on the misuse of the term and various uses and implications of the screen game and to try to show some level of superiority and to me you come across as pretty condescending in your delivery. I get that’s your personality/style . . . and that’s fine.

But since then, you’ve complained about passive aggressive and sniper posts . . . all while taking the opportunity to repeatedly bring up this generic “people who talk about swing passes” theme in your own non-poster-specific, passive aggressive sniper posts. You even mentioned “homicide” in one post (which I get the intent—your choice of wording is poor even in jest) and I believe even referred to me as “stupid”.

The bottom line from me is this. The execution of our behind-the-line passing game (“swing passes”, screens, bubble screens, tunnel screens, WR screens, whatever specific flavor we’re talking about) has been pretty bad since Riley’s tenure. You seem to agree based on noting issues with spacing, blocking, etc. The offense struggled enough that Frost showed Walters the door and brought in Lubick.

Like all Husker fans, I want Frost and his system to work. I want Lubick to work. I may not have all the football terminology or experience IQ you have and I’ll use shorthand at times that a fan might use . . . and you probably will continue to not like that. We can be fans together or not. I prefer together but that’s as much up to you as it is to me.

Last edited:

Look . . . I’ve gone over this more than once. I posted the below at least 3 times. Feel free to read it or not.

Based on the news of Walters being shown the door, I made a sarcastic, generic comment about shredding the “swing pass” page in the playbook. I’ve been on this board and the prior Huskerpedia for well over 15 years. Most posters understood what that tongue-in-cheek reference was meant as. I’m sorry you didn’t.

You took it literally and decided you needed to provide an extended education on the misuse of the term and various uses and implications of the screen game and to try to show some level of superiority and to me you come across as pretty condescending in your delivery. I get that’s your personality/style . . . and that’s fine.

But since then, you’ve complained about passive aggressive and sniper posts . . . all while taking the opportunity to repeatedly bring up this generic “people who talk about swing passes” theme in your own non-poster-specific, passive aggressive sniper posts. You even mentioned “homicide” in one post (which I get the intent—your choice of wording is poor even in jest) and I believe even referred to me as “stupid”.

The bottom line from me is this. The execution of our behind-the-line passing game (“swing passes”, screens, bubble screens, tunnel screens, WR screens, whatever specific flavor we’re talking about) has been pretty bad since Riley’s tenure. You seem to agree based on noting issues with spacing, blocking, etc. The offense struggled enough that Frost showed Walters the door and brought in Lubick.

Like all Husker fans, I want Frost and his system to work. I want Lubick to work. I may not have all the football terminology or experience IQ you have and I’ll use shorthand at times that a fan might use . . . and you probably will continue to not like that. We can be fans together or not. I prefer together but that’s as much up to you as it is to me.
Thank you for your manifesto. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad after reading this. I hope there is a positive outcome here. Fair winds and following seas to all of you...my compadres.

Last edited:
Thank you for your manifesto. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad after reading this. I hope there is a positive outcome here. Fair winds and following seas to all of you...my compadres.

Probably won't do any good, but what the hell. Why not try?

I think that you have personalized what I've said way too much. I often don't even remember which poster said what, but you were neither the first nor likely the last to talk about the "swing pass" issue, so whether you were sincere or not wasn't really that big of a deal to me. I wouldn't even remember that you had ever been one to use it except that you haven't been able to move on from it ever since I made the post--which wasn't even to you--that generally explained the difference.

If you feel like I'm being condescending, well, those are still your feelings, so you're going to need to deal with them. I am who I am, and I'm not going to change because some guy I've never met on a fan thread got his feelings hurt because I didn't show him his due deference for having been a member on a fan board for 15 years. I don't care about that sort of thing and never will. I do care about football, and I've spent a few decades now helping people to understand it better, whether player, fan, or coach. If you want to take something from that and find value in it, go for it with my blessing. If you want me to change how I write here because of whatever it is that you perceive about your status? No, I don't think so. Choose what you like.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back