• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Pelini to LSU? Update: Pelini says "No"

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Bo had a better AD and it made the difference some here are claiming - which I don't believe btw but whatever - he would have gone to Ohio State in a flash, or if that didnt happen an SEC school where it was easier to recruit. So all this is moot.

So so true.

100% disagree. He wasn't out to hurt the university. That was already happening. He was warning players that they were entering a period of losing seasons, poor development and loss of draft picks.
You nor I really know exactly what happened and we really do not know what his reasoning's were.

I have left companies before, I suspect you have too, both voluntarily and involuntarily ... those reasons are mine and personal to me ... I've talked to colleagues and co-workers after I've left. I have shared opinions on the organization, its leadership and its future according to my perspective but I did not seek out those co-workers - they came to me. I did not rent a room off-campus, schedule a meeting and then disparage my boss and employer in front of all of my co-workers, peers and subordinates.

What he did was hurtful to the university where he was paid an enormous amount of money to represent the university and it was hurtful the players who remained. He took an already chaotic environment and made it worse. None of what he did was altruistic. If he wanted to help the players he could have worked with them individually ... advised them of his opinion on the best course of action and offered to assist where possible.

He induced more doubt, stress, confusion and skepticism into a situation that did not need it. There is no way in my opinion that he did do that to help.

Last edited:
Did he tank in the 2012 B1G Championship? What happened against Wisconsin in 2014 was pretty damn similar. This narrative reeks of excuse making.
That’s about when things went south. Draw your own conclusions. I don’t care. I’ve already said I was in the minority. The guy isn’t stupid.

Nothing wrong with his sideline behavior. He yells some. Bfd. Who cares. Some of you are so sensitive.

I do think that some of the players did not react well to his demeanor. Right or wrong I am not sure that he should have lost his cool quite so 'Vocally' sometimes. I never had an issue with it personally but I can see how some would not react well to it. He was just a polarizing figure.

Exactly. If he was a good HC he'd be showing it there. He's mediocre AND he's a beyotch. Good to excellent DC though...if I was LSU and looking I'd strongly consider.
Well, he went 66-27 here. NU has sucked since he left. I can’t speak for Youngstown. Haven’t followed them. I know he is like 33-27 or something close to that.
Absolutely. If he had tanked, which never happened, then that would be a red flag and a huge character issue.
So, he is an idiot who let the same play go over and over? Pfff, I’m not buying it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back