• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dawson replaces Dewitt as OLB coach, Held promoted to Recruiting Coordinator, Austin Run Game Coordinator, Fisher gets 125k raise

Curious of your take on Verduzco? Definitely gets his man every year recruiting. Not sure I saw any improvement from year 1-2 for 2AM. If anything he seemed to go backwards.
He's a weird, weird dude. But I get why he gets McCaffrey type recruits. "We won't try to make you something you're not, I teach you unorthodox things and don't try and change you. Just watch Patrick Mahomes."

I'm not sure I am a fan of his coaching, but it definitely resonates with some kids. I also wouldn't put Martinez completely on him. Year 3 is big for me to gauge what his ability is.

The Dawson hire seems fine to me, maybe not great but pretty good. At this point I am glad to hear they might be looking to get Snyder here for help with special teams. Sounds like he has helped get really good results at K State with that.

Ok, now I'm confused. So he isn't eligible for a pension since he only went back for a year? Is it a vestment type deal depending on how many years he's coached in NFL? I liked Dawson coming back, but if he's just going to bolt for the NFL again I'm not so sure about the decision....
He's eligible for his pension IMO.

I do. We are at ten coaches so there's really not much else we will hear on this front. I was really hoping the intel I got last week that I shared about Dawson being a done deal was fake news. Unfortunately it is what it is.

They are going to hire at least one analyst (if not two), though i'm unclear if it would be Helfrich to help with passing game stuff, or someone to be our special teams guy since we don't have a coordinator there.
Apologize to backtrack here, but we may not be done.

Attachments

• 1579220161915.png
    1579220161915.png
    262.9 KB · Views: 57

He's a weird, weird dude. But I get why he gets McCaffrey type recruits. "We won't try to make you something you're not, I teach you unorthodox things and don't try and change you. Just watch Patrick Mahomes."

I'm not sure I am a fan of his coaching, but it definitely resonates with some kids. I also wouldn't put Martinez completely on him. Year 3 is big for me to gauge what his ability is.
Fair enough. I have not given up on him yet but I certainly did not expect what I saw out of AM this year.

I don't pretend to know what happened this year with AM, but I really get the feeling that he was injured for most of, if not the whole season. Injured to the point that he was scared to run and take a hit. That gets in your head and all of the sudden you're not fully paying attention down field anymore because you're worried about the injury and you become an errant passer.

Or, none of that is true and he really did take a step back for whatever reason. It's more worrying if that's the case because it'd be hard to explain why he did.
I appreciate that you and the others took the question seriously and did not just jump down my throat for questioning it. Your speculation is as good as any. AM definitely went backwards. His throwing motion changed and not for the better. That is why i asked what I did.

But an argument could also be made for Luke's and Noah's development. All we read about was how green Luke was and his film in high school showed poor mechanics. In the limited time that I saw him, he looked competent, confident, and his mechanics certainly improved. Additionally, it looks like Noah has come a long way as well. Remember when people were freaking out about his poor performance in the spring game and then in the BC (I believe) game? I truly believe beyond injuries, AM had some things going on between his ears that certainly wasn't helping him either.

All I know is, Scott is enamored with Coach Verdu. As a former quarterback, he sees tremendous value in him.
Very good response. Thanks for responding. Like I said it was just curious how different AM looked this year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back