• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dawson replaces Dewitt as OLB coach, Held promoted to Recruiting Coordinator, Austin Run Game Coordinator, Fisher gets 125k raise

Why the big pay reduction from when he was here last time, punishment for leaving? Not sure I get that, not that I'm upset by it either.
If they are trying to make room for an analyst like Helfrich or Snyder, they need to entice them with money. As much as people think we have a money tree growing from the B1G, we don't. With all the raises already handed out and trying to lure some other people in, there's only so many slices of the pie.

If they are trying to make room for an analyst like Helfrich or Snyder, they need to entice them with money. As much as people think we have a money tree growing from the B1G, we don't. With all the raises already handed out and trying to lure some other people in, there's only so many slices of the pie.
Good point, thanks. Probably doesn't hurt that his future has an NFL pension in it as well.

I've heard Dan Jackson from SDSU could be in play as well. (NVM. THis was incorrect)

Last edited:

Bottom Line: We have a better staff now than where we finished in 2019. Unlike some, Im happy with bringing Dawson back. He certainly had the respect of his players and did pretty well that one year on the recruiting trail. I know folks like a "splash" hire, but this is a sound decision with several benefits.

And it looks like we are not done putting the entire staff together.

I still wonder if there is one more defection (I.e. Walters)

I think Beckton looked but inevitably stayed. To your point, this would be a great year for a new TE coach since we didn't sign one (so not putting a recruit out) and we have 2-3 spots for 2021 class at that position. Our #1 target is 45 miles away.

I think we solicited a couple people for WR and Co-OC role, but that fizzled out unfortunately.
Honest question, while TE play needs work, hasn’t Beckton’s connections into the south been a fruitful thing for getting in the doors of high schools?

Honest question, while TE play needs work, hasn’t Beckton’s connections into the south been a fruitful thing for getting in the doors of high schools?
Good point. But if that is the only reason we keep him, then I have concerns that we are wasting away some highly rated talent at the position.

I was hoping MJ was going to be our receivers new coach.

Dang.
I didn't know Michael Jordan played football. Oh wait I just found a pic of it.
images

He must be doing a 1 handed catch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back