• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dawson replaces Dewitt as OLB coach, Held promoted to Recruiting Coordinator, Austin Run Game Coordinator, Fisher gets 125k raise

Do you think this is it for coaching changes?
I do. We are at ten coaches so there's really not much else we will hear on this front. I was really hoping the intel I got last week that I shared about Dawson being a done deal was fake news. Unfortunately it is what it is.

They are going to hire at least one analyst (if not two), though i'm unclear if it would be Helfrich to help with passing game stuff, or someone to be our special teams guy since we don't have a coordinator there.

Last edited:

I do. We are at ten coaches so there's really not much else we will hear on this front. I was really hoping the intel I got last week that I shared about Dawson being a done deal was fake news. Unfortunately it is what it is.

They are going to hire at least one analyst (if not two), though i'm unclear if it would be Helfrich to help with passing game stuff, or someone to be our special teams guy since we don't have a coordinator there.
I was hoping for at least one more change. Our WR and TE aren't playing as well as they could be. Would loved to have seen a change there. Hopefully an analyst or two will really help.

I was hoping for at least one more change. Our WR and TE aren't playing as well as they could be. Would loved to have seen a change there. Hopefully an analyst or two will really help.
I think Beckton looked but inevitably stayed. To your point, this would be a great year for a new TE coach since we didn't sign one (so not putting a recruit out) and we have 2-3 spots for 2021 class at that position. Our #1 target is 45 miles away.

I think we solicited a couple people for WR and Co-OC role, but that fizzled out unfortunately.

I think Beckton looked but inevitably stayed. To your point, this would be a great year for a new TE coach since we didn't sign one (so not putting a recruit out) and we have 2-3 spots for 2021 class at that position. Our #1 target is 45 miles away.

I think we solicited a couple people for WR and Co-OC role, but that fizzled out unfortunately.
Damn Mickey didn't want to come back huh...too bad for us.

And I agree it would have been a great year to make a move on TE. Beckton best get his crap in order, he's on the clock big time, IMO.

It's behind a paywall, but does anyone know who it is?

Last edited:
It's behind a paywall, but does anyone know who it is?

That's Sean Snyder. Wow.

GBR!
Doing some research on him.... we went from making around 400k while Bill Snyder was there and a coach. Then went down to around 200k as Director of Football Operations. Now he is a special teams analyst and they gave DFO title to some Kacey Harper lady.

Me thinks he isn't happy with where he is trending in Manhattan.

Not much of a shakeup, and the Dawson rehire doesn't seem to address the Special Teams need. Hopefully it all works out and Dawson proves to be a big upgrade over DeWitt.

Not much of a shakeup, and the Dawson rehire doesn't seem to address the Special Teams need. Hopefully it all works out and Dawson proves to be a big upgrade over DeWitt.
Dawson does have experience in that area. However it does not say anything in the hire notice.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back