• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Teddy Allen (Boys Town) transferring from WVU after 1 year > Western NE CC (Now 'N')

The support system would be more important for him than the coaching staff. I would imagine he will need to demonstrate increased maturity before getting a commitable offer to any school.

I’d pass. It takes three high-culture people just to offset one activity disengaged one. One or two of these guys can really hurt a basketball program. Plus he’s 50 minutes away from some old friends, some of which are no doubt bad influences.

IF you bring him, it’s a one strike and your out policy. That includes negativity.

I’d pass. It takes three high-culture people just to offset one activity disengaged one. One or two of these guys can really hurt a basketball program. Plus he’s 50 minutes away from some old friends, some of which are no doubt bad influences.

IF you bring him, it’s a one strike and your out policy. That includes negativity.
Yeah...likely not worth the risk.

I might bring him in on a counter argument: He's from Arizona originally, and Boy's Town seemed to get him to recognize his issues. Maybe being 50 miles away from Boys' Town would be a positive? If you bring him in, you'd have to have strict rules, and keep in mind your last two transfers from WNCC have gotten in trouble (Biggs, Green) early on.

I've seen him play a few times this year here in Scottsbluff. He's a great talent, for sure, but a head case and a half. He was kicked out of a game earlier, while playing on the road in Wyoming and he trashed the locker room. He was suspended for a couple of games, came back and got booted late in another game. He's a ticking time bomb.
I really want this kid to succeed because he is so talented, but how many chances can he be given? 2 Major D-1 schools, Juco and now a possible 4th shot after Juco. Hope it all works for him, but I don't think NU is the place.

A Risk for sure, but I'll trust the assessment of Fred & his staff, knowing his prior difficulties, in doing their due-dligence. I think Fred has established he is not one to be messed around with (not starting because you're one minute late for the bus, etc). Allen has to know he is not a make-or-break player for the program as Hoiberg and his staff can no doubt recruit over him if needed. I think @NavyWarrant may be on to something, that it is not just the coaching staff; but the whole support system available at Nebraska.

Last edited:

Hmmmm... for the sake of the program I really hope he stays in line. Media would have a field day if another incident similar to his previous happens here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back