• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU vs Hawai'i 12-13-19 @ 3:30pm CST on ESPN3

University of Nebraska Logo
@
Indiana University Logo

Men's Basketball tonight @ 7pm on BTN.

Not meant as a stupid question but is Dani the next in line at Nebraska when coach Cook decides to hang up his spurs?

She'll get a good look, if the AD at the time is wise, yet when Cook decides it is time, wow how coveted will be this job? Lots of very high quality candidates will want this one for sure.

MADISON, Wis. - The sixth-ranked Nebraska volleyball team advanced to an eighth straight NCAA Regional Final after a 3-0 (29-27, 25-22, 25-19) sweep of No. 18 Hawaii at the Wisconsin Field House on Friday.

The fifth-seeded Huskers rallied to win set one by two points after trailing for most of the set, and the Huskers went on to battle past the 12th-seeded Rainbow Wahine in sets two and three in the first postseason match-up between the teams since 2002.

Nebraska (28-4) will face No. 4-seed Wisconsin in the NCAA Regional Final on Saturday at 5 p.m. The Badgers swept 13th-seeded Texas A&M in Friday's first regional semifinal. The Huskers will be looking to avenge two regular-season sweeps to the Big Ten champion Badgers. Saturday's match will air on ESPNU and can be streamed on WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. Husker Sports Network will broadcast the action on HSN affiliates, Huskers.com and the Huskers app.

Lexi Sun had 14 kills and hit .619 to go with nine digs and two blocks. Jazz Sweet racked up 12 kills and hit .345, while Madi Kubik and Lauren Stivrins each posted seven kills.

Nicklin Hames set the Huskers to a .312 hitting percentage, and the sophomore setter had 36 assists, eight digs, three kills and two aces.

Nebraska was out-killed by Hawaii, 47-44, and out-dug 49-40. However, NU posted eight blocks on the night and Hawaii committed 23 attacking errors to just 10 for the Big Red. In the third set, NU hit .457 with 16 kills and zero errors on 35 swings.

Brooke Van Sickle led Hawaii (26-4) with 14 kills on .370 hitting. McKenna Ross added 10 kills.

Last edited:

Congratulations on the WIN last night HUSKERS!!! :Rockon:

NEXT MATCH:

NU (28-4 ~ 17-3) @ Wisconsin (25-6 ~ 18-2) ~ Sat., 12-14-19 @ 5pm CST on ESPNU.

Wisconsin swept aTm last night;
25-18, 25-21 & 25-14

She'll get a good look, if the AD at the time is wise, yet when Cook decides it is time, wow how coveted will be this job? Lots of very high quality candidates will want this one for sure.
Was it Cook that Pettit brought in for a year or two to sit as an assistant before taking over? I want to say I read that, but I don't follow volleyball as close as I probably should.

Was it Cook that Pettit brought in for a year or two to sit as an assistant before taking over? I want to say I read that, but I don't follow volleyball as close as I probably should.
Yes John Cook won a national championship at Wisconsin then came as assistant at Nebraska and won national championship his first year as head coach.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back