• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star (in-State) WR Zavier Betts N!

Too bad we can't hire tutor's to follow them around and make sure they are qualified. Sucks really bad when both players are in the same situation and both are badly needed. Our offense can't be OUR offense without players like these two.

This right here is why I have been saying you need numbers. One or two tall receiving targets aren’t enough. Now we might end up with neither guy. I like how the numbers are starting to shake out at linebacker. Half the kids they recruit will never play. The other half will have a few busts in it. Someone touted Warner as a big bodied guy yesterday and then said we would have Betts. Warner looks fairly average and Betts might not make it. Size matters in football just like basketball.

This right here is why I have been saying you need numbers. One or two tall receiving targets aren’t enough. Now we might end up with neither guy. I like how the numbers are starting to shake out at linebacker. Half the kids they recruit will never play. The other half will have a few busts in it. Someone touted Warner as a big bodied guy yesterday and then said we would have Betts. Warner looks fairly average and Betts might not make it. Size matters in football just like basketball.

It's the motion in the ocean baby! little guys can get the job done. (on the field, I'm talking about football and basketball)

It's the motion in the ocean baby! little guys can get the job done. (on the field, I'm talking about football and basketball)
Some can but it’s alway an exception. It’s not the norm. Most of the top receivers in football are taller guys. Yes a few short guys can be exceptional but it’s not common. Tyreek hill is good but he has to be blazing fast. There’s not that many blazing fast guys either. Basketball is a sport I love and I always laugh at the guys under 6’ that think they’re good. Because unless your 6’ or taller it ain’t happening.

In football it depends on the position. In football for linemen and LBs, Size matters to a certain extent. However for the skill positions speed kills. 5 of the top 10 and 9 of the top 20 WR in the NFL are 6'1 or shorter. They are all very fast though.

Size does matter but only if your coaching staff knows how to use it and a quarterback that can get it there. We have a 6’8” tight end with a 35” vertical that we threw 7 balls to this year.

Give me playmakers, I don’t care what height or weight.

Size does matter but only if your coaching staff knows how to use it and a quarterback that can get it there. We have a 6’8” tight end with a 35” vertical that we threw 7 balls to this year.

Give me playmakers, I don’t care what height or weight.
We also had a ton of short receivers that didn't get it done this year. To me, anyone who doesn't think we need at least one tall receiver contributing is making excuses for our current situation.

We also had a ton of short receivers that didn't get it done this year. To me, anyone who doesn't think we need at least one tall receiver contributing is making excuses for our current situation.
Jump to conclusions much? Most of us are saying there is a difference between need and like to have. Of course we would like a 6'7" WR who runs a 3.2 40 and has a 70" vertical. They do not grow on trees and we are going to have to show we know how to use them before they start lining up.

If you don't have a big receiver or two you are lacking. Period. I don't care how many great, short NFL wide receivers there are...doesn't matter one bit.

Jump to conclusions much? Most of us are saying there is a difference between need and like to have. Of course we would like a 6'7" WR who runs a 3.2 40 and has a 70" vertical. They do not grow on trees and we are going to have to show we know how to use them before they start lining up.
Actually, I don’t mind short players as long as they can play, at any position. I absolutely love JD and Wan’Dale. I see comment after comment of people saying it doesn’t matter at a position where you have to catch a ball which may require height to jump or to have an advantage against the man covering him. Seems so simply obvious that having a couple taller receivers would be advantageous.

How can we show how we use them if we don’t have any? If it’s not important, why are Betts and Omar at the top of our recruiting board?

I don’t understand why people get so defensive over this topic. If can explain why I’d love to hear it.

Actually, I don’t mind short players as long as they can play, at any position. I absolutely love JD and Wan’Dale. I see comment after comment of people saying it doesn’t matter at a position where you have to catch a ball which may require height to jump or to have an advantage against the man covering him. Seems so simply obvious that having a couple taller receivers would be advantageous.

How can we show how we use them if we don’t have any? If it’s not important, why are Betts and Omar at the top of our recruiting board?

I don’t understand why people get so defensive over this topic. If can explain why I’d love to hear it.
Your last paragraph. It's because people show up in threads about wide receivers targets that aren't 6'4" and crap on them. It gets old. It's just like a certain poster crapping on people for celebrating skill position commits because they aren't linemen. H

Your last paragraph. It's because people show up in threads about wide receivers targets that aren't 6'4" and crap on them. It gets old. It's just like a certain poster crapping on people for celebrating skill position commits because they aren't linemen. H
That makes sense. Give me every capable, fast receiver we can get. I just want to see a couple tall guys mixed in which they've been recruiting, so no problem on my end.

Damn it.

:Bananalazy:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back