• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian in a sling

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought that was just one game?

Noah didn't play between Indiana and Iowa (so missed 3 games in there and only had a series against Iowa, IIRC)

McCaffrey got hurt in the Indiana game also and didn't play until Maryland and Iowa. Got a lot of play against Maryland, though, but he did have his RS, and honestly, by then I wouldn't have yanked his RS even if he was healthy enough to go full speed

I thought we should have gone to Vedral earlier when AM was struggling and simply looked banged up, but by the end of the year I don't think our options were great (not that Frost says who is really hurt or now).. Anyway, No excuses about QB play next year

Noah didn't play between Indiana and Iowa (so missed 3 games in there and only had a series against Iowa, IIRC)

McCaffrey got hurt in the Indiana game also and didn't play until Maryland and Iowa. Got a lot of play against Maryland, though, but he did have his RS, and honestly, by then I wouldn't have yanked his RS even if he was healthy enough to go full speed

I thought we should have gone to Vedral earlier when AM was struggling and simply looked banged up, but by the end of the year I don't think our options were great (not that Frost says who is really hurt or now).. Anyway, No excuses about QB play next year
I’m one who thinks McCaffery is better than Martinez. I would have yanked it also. Keep recruiting. I hope Frost will truly offer a competition at QB. Something about McCaffery. Like the dude is a gamer. Martinez is a turnover machine and plays well in spurts. Too erratic imo.

I’m one who thinks McCaffery is better than Martinez. I would have yanked it also. Keep recruiting. I hope Frost will truly offer a competition at QB. Something about McCaffery. Like the dude is a gamer. Martinez is a turnover machine and plays well in spurts. Too erratic imo.
He hasn’t played enough to make a statement that he’s better. I like what I see but I liked how Martinez looked freshman year. Not one person thought Martinez would struggle this year. I’m not trying to be confrontational just stating the facts. I bet you thought Martinez was awesome until this season. I’m with you though McCaffrey looked good in limited time.

He hasn’t played enough to make a statement that he’s better. I like what I see but I liked how Martinez looked freshman year. Not one person thought Martinez would struggle this year. I’m not trying to be confrontational just stating the facts. I bet you thought Martinez was awesome until this season. I’m with you though McCaffrey looked good in limited time.
Actually, I didn’t think he was anything special last year. My opinion only. He’s ok, but as of now, he remains a turnover machine, and an erratic player. That’s both years. McCaffery came in and made plays. Some in crucial situations. With the way the offense looked all year long, I’d have pulled his redshirt and let him see if he could win some games. Really had nothing to lose.

I had been told Martinez was "hurting" and barely making it thru. Quite honestly I always assumed they were talking about his knee still with the way he was moving. Now it's his shoulder too. I'm not entirely sure what the answer should have been, but I don't know if this makes me feel better or worse about things. He started every game but two of them due to his knee injury, but didn't miss any time due to his shoulder. This was a "get our of jail free" card for Frost to let people know why we were seeing the struggles.

At least we have an answer on why he looked the way he did. Not entirely sure I like that we had yet another shoulder injury to our preseason Heisman candidate as the culprit.

I just hope Frost will at least give the QB competition a fair look. I hope he isn’t one who hitched his wagon to one guy no matter what. Martinez has some skills, no question, but when the lights come on, you gotta step up. Can’t give away possessions because you can’t hit open receivers or keep from turning the ball over.
I think he proved he could do that in 2018 (my opinion). But I would say it would take a miracle for Vedral or McCaffrey to unseat him for 2020. I can promise you the narrative all spring, summer, and fall camp will be how much better Martinez looks now that he is recovered from his knee and shoulder injury. Feel free to bookmark this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back