• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos Frazier Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommie Frazier can say what's on his mind any time he wants to...he's earned that from us. But come on folks, no one takes TF seriously. i'm not even convinced he was talking about SF, he could have been talking about Adrian Martinez.

One thing we do know, is that SF/Moos are running scared over this or they wouldn't have brought it up. that doesn't exactly keep me in warm fuzzies for next year. I was convinced we'd make a move (have a winning record) next year, but after Moos' comments...well, it sounds like 2 or 3 more years before our guys can scratch their butts. Oh well, I'll stay hopeful.

Last edited:

Tommie Frazier can say what's on his mind any time he wants to...he's earned that from us. But come on folks, no one takes TF seriously. i'm not even convinced he was talking about SF, he could have been talking about Adrian Martinez.

One thing we do know, is that SF/Moos are running scared over this or they wouldn't have brought it up. that doesn't exactly keep me in warm fuzzies for next year. I was convinced we'd make a move (have a winning record) next year, but after Moos' comments...well, it sounds like 2 or 3 more years before our guys can scratch their butts. Oh well, I'll stay hopeful.
Don't think Moos or Frost are running scared of anything.

Well, we do have a damn tough schedule and if freshman AM does not return and Scott sticks by him .500 might be fairly realistic unfortunately. With 10ish returning starters on offense and it being year 3 .500 even with this schedule should be the minimum expectation.

So maybe a little cause and effect with the lack of walk-on development and the lack of depth?? I think that is why SF is working the WO program so hard.

I actually get the sense you are almost encouraging prominent players to look elsewhere. At least with many of your comments about how the staff is wrongly saying bad things about them. :(
I think walk-ons need the development the most, and I just don't think the development was happening as good as it could be in the Riley years so we fell way behind despite him keeping the walk-on numbers up pretty good. Then when you have 2017 and 2018 classes have a mass exodus coupled with walk-ons not being developed, it causes major depth concerns. I've said on here before, that special teams is one of the biggest indicators of overall depth for a team, how'd we do there this year?

I'm encouraging prominent players to look elsewhere? Not sure how you are getting that with me relaying that prominent players are looking elsewhere. I just relay what i've been told. I don't dictate anything to current players.

Anyone wondering about numbers of the Frazier teams at Doane:

Doane recently went through spring practice with about 32 players - one defensive lineman switched to offensive line to give it a full unit. At the beginning of two-a-days last August, the team numbered more than 100.

"We didn't run anybody off; they ran themselves off," Frazier said. "What we had last year is no different than any other major program, or small one. They don't jell because (the coaches) didn't recruit (the players). We're fine with that. But I promise you, the ones who stayed, they're better football players and better people."

Anyone wondering about numbers of the Frazier teams at Doane:

Doane recently went through spring practice with about 32 players - one defensive lineman switched to offensive line to give it a full unit. At the beginning of two-a-days last August, the team numbered more than 100.

"We didn't run anybody off; they ran themselves off," Frazier said. "What we had last year is no different than any other major program, or small one. They don't jell because (the coaches) didn't recruit (the players). We're fine with that. But I promise you, the ones who stayed, they're better football players and better people."

https://www.omaha.com /index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2186883
My high school football team had similar numbers. Ironman football was fun.

My high school football team had similar numbers. Ironman football was fun.
He ran off a ton of guys. His recruiting classes were actually pretty cool to look at. Super low numbers but stud kids out of Florida, many of which just never made it up here. Didn't prioritize Nebraska much at all unless you were all-state which contributed to his dwindling numbers.

Earned it? No one earns the right to be a jackass. Incognito didn’t, Peter didn’t, Phillips didn’t, Solich didn’t, McBride didn’t, and Frazier sure didn’t. Some who think because of what they did on a football field means they have different rules to follow might continue kneeling before their signed jerseys on their wall, but many others will put them in the rear view mirror. Tommie might be a little surprised the next time an autograph signing is scheduled, and his line is pretty empty.

Oh please, you've had your hero besmirched, and you feel compelled to rush to his defense. Your only option is to attempt to trivialize his moronic comments, and downplay his stature, but it simply won't work. Your budding 'friendship' is causing you to excuse behavior that you would not accept from other high profile players. If Demorrio Williams or Jason Peter had jumped out and ripped on Mo Barry, or Barrett Ruud's coaching, we'd hear the same kind of posts about former players needing to temper their comments, without mentioning they were well known douches...well, at least not Williams. Give it up, the man-crush is unflattering.
You try so hard only to fail brother......lol. Your attempts at acting like you know me is hilariously entertaining. Your hatred for that man overwhelms you so much that you hate me for not caring enough to hate him.

I DON'T KNOW Tommie personally, thus I can careless about his character because I don't deal with him on a regular basis. My only interactions with him is through mutual friends. His comments said in person are looked at casually by myself, so, I'm not going to cry about any comments made on social media, especially not to the extent you are doing so. Why........because I don't care.

Whether he supports Frost or not, how many wins does that give the team every season.......ZERO.....because he has no connections with the program today beyond what he gave us a LONG TIME AGO. There isn't one recruit that's going to respond to this coaching staff coming to their home with, "yea, I hear what you are telling, but............what about this tweet by Tommie Frazier".......lol.

Get over it buddy. You are grinding you teeth over something that means very little. Only reason why you even care about the comment is because YOU are thinking about how much Tommie meant to the program a player. I guess you haven't figured out that under those jerseys and shoulder pads,.......is just another human like you and I........

He wasn’t rude to me. He just seemed busy with his kid. I totally understood and let him be. These guys have lives after all.
Haha, he gets enough from Hunyak’s like me who DO bother them. Of course my nephew is like the all time selfie champ. He’s gotten selfies from damn near EVERY ex Husker of note, Shaq, LeBreon, and even recently Marg Hilgenberger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back