• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Developing players is hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Eichorst was hired with the understanding he would eventually fire Bo and replaced with someone who fit Harvey’s vision of a UNLHC.

Don’t kid yourself. He was explicitly hired to fire Pelini. Well, that and to turn the NU athletic department into a bloated cesspool of associate AD’s in charge of CYA and diminishing results....aka Harvey’s “vision.”

Don’t kid yourself. He was explicitly hired to fire Pelini. Well, that and to turn the NU athletic department into a bloated cesspool of associate AD’s in charge of CYA and diminishing results....aka Harvey’s “vision.”
It all comes back to Perlman. PERLMAAANNN!!!

Do you mean to say Osborne was essentially early retired to make way for Eichorst? I think that’s pretty much common knowledge. Lucifer (aka Pearlman) wanted his yes man stooge in to oust Pelosi.
A lot of revisionist history going on here. TO was hired in October 2007 as "Interim Athletic Director," with the understanding that HP would be hiring a permanent AD to replace him. TO actually stayed far, far longer than planned.

Do you mean to say Osborne was essentially early retired to make way for Eichorst? I think that’s pretty much common knowledge. Lucifer (aka Pearlman) wanted his yes man stooge in to oust Pelosi.
Yeah that's what I meant. I don't remember it being confirmed anywhere though which is why I called it a rumor.

A lot of revisionist history going on here. TO was hired in October 2007 as "Interim Athletic Director," with the understanding that HP would be hiring a permanent AD to replace him. TO actually stayed far, far longer than planned.
He was made the permanent AD in 2007. He was his own replacement.

He was made the permanent AD in 2007. He was his own replacement.
Even after TO was made full time AD, it was known by all that he was not there for the long-term. he was supposed to leave in 2010, but they then extended him annually. Heck, he even stayed, as AD Emeritus, quite awhile after SE was named...the thought that he was "forced out" is laughable, at 75, he was treated like a King.

Rewriting history is often done because otherwise it doesn't fit the result that the author wants. Pretty common in sports, politics, government and international dealings.

So in other words year three is the year that we see the talent get utilized better. Cause now they will have had three years in the system and have been living and breathing this system.
I hope so, but that's not exactly what I said...

I hope so, but that's not exactly what I said...
Lmao so you’ll make sure to make an excuse for frost that the talents still young and hasn’t been in the system long enough. You do realize that these kids only get five years to play it’s not like the nfl where they have forever to learn the system right. Three years is the point that his second class will
Have almost half way through their career at Nebraska.

I would love to hear the same. I am curious on why he allowed so much to be dictated to him. The move to the 3-4 and firing his long time DC was probably the most concerning. I remember being upset with Banker after the Iowa game but seeing the progress between the two years I expected he'd get at least one more year.

He allowed himself to be drug around by the nose because he’s a putz.

He just wanted the check and went along to get along.

I’ll pass.

He allowed himself to be drug around by the nose because he’s a putz.

He just wanted the check and went along to get along.

I’ll pass.
Or he was under the impression he'd have a very different level of control during the hiring process and it went out the window when he got here. I doubt any coach would sign on knowing they can't make their own decisions on running the program. Once he wasn't given it, he may have thought he could still find a way to work with what he had. He was ever the optimist after all.

It's possible he just didn't care what happened anymore, but it doesn't add up to me /shrug

Or he was under the impression he'd have a very different level of control during the hiring process and it went out the window when he got here. I doubt any coach would sign on knowing they can't make their own decisions on running the program. Once he wasn't given it, he may have thought he could still find a way to work with what he had. He was ever the optimist after all.

It's possible he just didn't care what happened anymore, but it doesn't add up to me /shrug

I don’t think he cared about it going in. He’s a flat liner.

Nice guy though.

I don’t think he cared about it going in. He’s a flat liner.

Nice guy though.
He was on his way out at OSU.
Eichorst offered him a golden parachute.
He'd have been dumb not to take it, puppet strings and all. Then he has plausible deniability that some things were out of his control. That would clear his conscience and allow him to cash the paychecks without guilt.

He was on his way out at OSU.
Eichorst offered him a golden parachute.
He'd have been dumb not to take it, puppet strings and all. Then he has plausible deniability that some things were out of his control. That would clear his conscience and allow him to cash the paychecks without guilt.

He still stayed right at his historical average as well.

As *** said, the 9-3 year was a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back